blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
See the pPod.

Ipaq_ppodani.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by cmascatello
I might give that a try. Too bad battery life sucks on the PPC units.

With the HP extended battery, I get over 24 hours of battery life with the HP 2215 playing music. That is more than any of my players.

Mar 2, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 25
The interesting thing here is you can play music while in a charging dock...something you can't do with the Windows iPod with the newest firmware.

Mar 2, 2004 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 25
i wonder what apple lawyers think about the GUI rip-off.. but at least its a way to beat thier monopoly on wheel-controllers
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #7 of 25
Mar 2, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

it doesn't support playback of tracks in correct album order... ugh

V1.03 now supports playing tracks in alphabetical and shuffled order, therefore fixing bug mentioned in earlier review. Ryan, Starbrite Developer

that was on the website that you posted
tongue.gif

the pPod concept is pretty creative i must admit. beat that iPod anyday because you got all the fetures of a pda + ipod in one. that's freaken cool.

Mar 2, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #9 of 25
For the record, the iPod already has many of the PDA features included. My contacts and calendars, movie listings, NYTimes, etc. are all already there.
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
also from the reviews here :

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=110866

it looks like you can't control volume with it, and it doesn't support playback of tracks in correct album order... ugh

It does in fact control volume on my Dell Axim. However, it will only adjust the volume from 0-100% within wherever you have the volume set on the unit. So, if you have your unit's volume at 75%, the maximum volume pPod can reach is that 75% cap.

Mar 2, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #11 of 25
Interesting program (since it's commercial program, Apple will probably soon come after them, rightfully so). It works fine on my iPAQ 1940. Still, it emulates the new iPod, not the good old 2nd gen one that I have. Given the limits of storage cards, it's not terribly useful unless you have a microdrive / cf card. Not to mention that a battery lasts only a few hours (perhaps E800 with thick battery might reach the battery life of new iPod).

Mar 2, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 25
ch1nkster,
playback of albums in correct album order, and alphabetical order, are two entirely different things.
smily_headphones1.gif
Read my review on the Gateway DMP-X20... it only supports alphabetical playback. Significant issue IMO. Most other players will play back albums in the same order as they appear on the CD (assuming tags are accurate).

Mar 2, 2004 at 10:00 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by stark23x
The interesting thing here is you can play music while in a charging dock...something you can't do with the Windows iPod with the newest firmware.

I listen to music while my Windows iPod is charging in the dock all the time, with the newest firmware, might I add.

Mar 2, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by oneeyedhobbit
I listen to music while my Windows iPod is charging in the dock all the time, with the newest firmware, might I add.

I second that. Love the pod.

Mar 2, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #15 of 25
2.1? Because a new "feature" of 2.1 is that if the dock is connected to the PC, and you unmount the pod, it sticks on the "OK to Disconnect" screen unless you unplug the firewire cable and then plug it into the wall wart.

If you have a different behavior, I'd like to hear about it. You're unique among 2.1 users

Users who are viewing this thread

Back