Make the best bass out of JVC HA-SZ1000
Dec 28, 2015 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AbedFa

New Head-Fier
So I got this pair of headphones last week, and was still waiting for the delivery of Fiio X3 2nd Gen and Cayin C5.
I finally set them up and tested them out. I can tell that listening to the C5 with X3 has more quality and bass to it than my Fiio E10k on PC. But still, I don't feel like I've yet made the bess bass that these headphones can produce.

Basically what I'm asking for is the best suitable settings for more bass. I'm hoping to wrack my skull with bass without having to go deaf.

One thing to note as well is the static noise I've been hearing once I plug in the C5. I didn't hear any of these on PC using Fiio E10k. So what could possibly be causing this?
When my music is off, I plug my headphones to the C5 amp, and I can hear some static noise. Increasing the C5 volume does increase the noise, and even more once I plug the Fiio X3 to it. Turning High gain on any of these two devices also make more noise.

Currently to reach the satisfying bass I need I use 4/9 on C5 with Bass and High gain on. 90-100 on Fiio X3 with high gain on.
I'd like to see what kind of settings you guys use, and of course, if there's any suggestions on reducing the static noise, I'd be grateful.
Thanks in advance

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 8
For specific EQ settings, I would recommend asking in these threads, as there are many more fellow owners there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-impressions-thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

You probably also know that in order to get more bass impact, you can swap the pads. (The JVC HA-M55X pads are reported to be the best for that. I have that headphone, but not the HA-SZ2000 yet.)

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 8
  For specific EQ settings, I would recommend asking in these threads, as there are many more fellow owners there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-impressions-thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

You probably also know that in order to get more bass impact, you can swap the pads. (The JVC HA-M55X pads are reported to be the best for that. I have that headphone, but not the HA-SZ2000 yet.)

Thankiees. That's helping, people are frequently vieweing that impressions thread more often.
I'm really unlucky with the Earpads replacement. Since I can't find anything I need in my country, I'm ordering most things from eBay. That's where I got my JVC, Caying C5, and Fiio X3ii, but I'm having no luck with the earpads. They're nonexistent on eBay, but I have found the Brainwavz HM5 but it's over $50..

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm really unlucky with the Earpads replacement. Since I can't find anything I need in my country, I'm ordering most things from eBay. That's where I got my JVC, Caying C5, and Fiio X3ii, but I'm having no luck with the earpads. They're nonexistent on eBay, but I have found the Brainwavz HM5 but it's over $50..

You can get the headphones from this eBay link for the same average price as ear pads.

Dec 29, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 8

You can get the headphones from this eBay link for the same average price as ear pads.

Oh why haven't I thought of that. That's great, I'm buying one!
I actually managed to find a cheaper one that's in "New" condition. This used one is cheap, but the "Global Shipping Program" is a b***. I live in Israel and this cost more 120% the price of these headphones, which is, btw, the same issue I had with the Brainwavz that I found.
I found these here for $46, while the ones you sent goes for $50.30 (Included the shipping cost for both).
But yeah man, I'm really happy you put some effort in helping a complete stranger, I'm grateful. Thanks a lot!

Dec 29, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #7 of 8
  Oh why haven't I thought of that. That's great, I'm buying one!
I actually managed to find a cheaper one that's in "New" condition. This used one is cheap, but the "Global Shipping Program" is a b***. I live in Israel and this cost more 120% the price of these headphones, which is, btw, the same issue I had with the Brainwavz that I found.
I found these here for $46, while the ones you sent goes for $50.30 (Included the shipping cost for both).
But yeah man, I'm really happy you put some effort in helping a complete stranger, I'm grateful. Thanks a lot!

Yeah, international shipping is brutal!

No prob. Perhaps once I get the SZ2000, I'll see you in the impressions thread.
cool.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 8

Yeah, international shipping is brutal!

No prob. Perhaps once I get the SZ2000, I'll see you in the impressions thread.
cool.gif

I dunno what kinda bassy headphones you may have, but if you don't own either of the SZ1000 or SZ2000 then you should go ahead and get one!
Perhaps then, I'll see you in the impressions thread.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back