Major static on cmoy
Jan 29, 2005 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cmoyamphelp

Head-Fier
okay i have tryed building this amp 3 times and have replaced every thing twice,but the amp opa2132pa,and i get major static and i can hear the music in one ear but i have static how can i fix this and what do you guys thibk is the probleam,

I have also done a search and tryed too inprove my ground i cleaned up my solders and i cheched the voltage,

Jan 30, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 9
all 3 times that you've built the amp, you can only hear music in one ear? is there noise when the source is disconnected?

what kind of interconnect are you using between your music source and the amp? is it a pretty cheap, rather long mini-mini cable? it may be acting as an antenna, picking up rf noise. i know that, with my cmoy, i just could not get the noise to go away. it was only there when my ipod was turned on. well, i made another, shorter cable with shielded wire, and now it sounds just perfect.

my mint amp was hardly bothered by the long crappy interconnect, but my cmoy definitely was. i could literally hear the music from a radio station depending on where i stood.

Jan 30, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 9
Got pictures?
I makes it much easier for us to guess what's wrong when we have bad picts to look at.
biggrin.gif

Did you conenct ALL of your grounds to the same point on the board?

Jan 30, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 9
okay well ya my cabal is long so i will shorten it,
AS for pics i took them and then relized my dad has the usb cable so there is no way for me too get them off

I am also using conn 3.5 audio jack,with the | | | | | is this the right set up
1 2 3 4 5
G L R

X:when you say "connected to all the same place do you mean same strip or the same holes?

I also cut the cabal dow too about 4 inches and did nothing, and what type of wire should the cabel wire be of Multi-strain?

and on the opa2132pa what is the pin out i know it's 4 pin and 8 but do i need wirs going from any of the other 6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back