Major Setback!
Jan 23, 2008 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

AgainstTheGrain

500+ Head-Fier
well i just lost one of my jobs. this puts a serious halt to my audio hobby. its hard to try to get Grados and ALO cables and Darths without the $20 p/h paying job.
frown.gif
this sucks man.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 11
Man, that bites. Sorry to hear that, but it will give you more time to listen to tunes. On the down side, the recession has only begun.

Laz

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 11
IMO the recession began a few months ago. People are just scared to call it what it is. That being said, unemployment is still relatively low, so you should be able to find something to help you ride out the storm.

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 11
well i'm not unemployed i had two jobs. now i'm down to one. but the one job i had was just like a part time job it wasn't my main job cuz it only pays half of what my other job did. but i lost my main job on some bullshyt but whatever it sucks having corrupt managers. shyt is closing down soon anyways so whatever. i'm in school right now too. i put my resume online like yesterday and today i got like 3 phone calls lol. but i dunno if i should get a new job or just stick with my part time til school is up in april. any advice?

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 11
I hope your CV wasn't written like the above post. If you could rephrase it maybe we could better understand what you mean.

Quote:

but the one job i had was just like a part time job it wasn't my main job cuz it only pays half of what my other job did. but i lost my main job on some bullshyt but whatever it sucks having corrupt managers. shyt is closing down soon anyways so whatever

So did you, or did you not loose your main job, and if one or both of the jobs were closing up, wouldn't you know to be looking? If I were my parents I would say that one job is plenty if you are in school. However, you know your own limits so it's up to you.

Jan 24, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayinhk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO the recession began a few months ago. People are just scared to call it what it is. That being said, unemployment is still relatively low, so you should be able to find something to help you ride out the storm.

Well a "recession" is technically defined as decline in gross domestic product for two or more consecutive quarters, so if the economists are saying we are not officially in a recession, then we're not in a recession. That doesn't mean that we're not amidst an economic downturn, it's just not yet a recession.

Jan 24, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope your CV wasn't written like the above post. If you could rephrase it maybe we could better understand what you mean.

So did you, or did you not loose your main job, and if one or both of the jobs were closing up, wouldn't you know to be looking? If I were my parents I would say that one job is plenty if you are in school. However, you know your own limits so it's up to you.

sorry for the confusion. I lost my main job. I still have my part time. Though now it has been converted to a Full Time job. i mean its enough to sustain me but i'm greedy you could say lol.

Jan 24, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #9 of 11
Can you handle a full time job and then another job, and then get decent grades while still having time to eat and sleep and have a life?

You know your answer already.
wink.gif

Still and all, it sucks loosing a job, and while I don't think EVERYTHING happens for a reason, maybe this did?

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you handle a full time job and then another job, and then get decent grades while still having time to eat and sleep and have a life?

You know your answer already.
wink.gif

Still and all, it sucks loosing a job, and while I don't think EVERYTHING happens for a reason, maybe this did?

tru indeed i planned on leaving it anywayz but still i'm just pissed on how everything went down
mad.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #11 of 11
Sorry for your loss!
Hopefully you find a solution to keep you Head-Fi addiction alive...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back