major problem with phamphamduc
Oct 23, 2004 at 10:06 AM Post #61 of 137
I'll tell why it has 2 (not 3 for those idiot keep insisting it is 3).
I dont know, but it was not me that edited my post. It might have been some administrator priviledges, sensoring my words.
To make it short: I told the person living next to my apartment to pack the item and ship for me since I would not be home to send it. Well, he was a jerk and now I'm beating him up.

I say I'll reship and ship the rest of the packages. But people keep on insisting not to even receive/open the package when it arrive at their door. I have no other choice, I decided not to send 1212 since it would be wasted/lost. I'll give back full refund.

Oct 23, 2004 at 10:11 AM Post #62 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by phamducduc
I'll tell why it has 2 (not 3 for those idiot keep saying 3).
I dont know, but it was not me that edited my post. It might have been some administrator tricks, sensoring my words.
I'll tell it again: I told the person living next to my apartment to pack the item and ship for me since I would not be home to send it. Well, he was a jerk and now I'm beating him up.

What an interesting story.

Why didn't you contact anyone to warn them and explain things after you came home (after the neighbor had sent the empty boxes) and discovered all the cards were still in your apartment?

Oct 23, 2004 at 10:23 AM Post #63 of 137
I did! I told them not to worry, it will be shipped! Apparently, you guys keep adding flame into things and now I can't even ship without worry of nonacceptance package.
Thanks only to those 3rd party who tried(although futile) to tell them to not worry.

Oct 23, 2004 at 10:26 AM Post #64 of 137
Quote:

I did! I told them not to worry, it will be shipped! Apparently, you guys keep adding flame into things and now I can't even ship without worry of nonacceptance package.
Thanks only to those 3rd party who tried(although futile) to tell them to not worry.

Sounds like you could be a victim of a witchhunt! Don't get into the tube amp building business, they'd burn you alive.
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 10:37 AM Post #65 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by zbuddah
Seriously man,

phamducduc step up and explain.

If you don't care to explain then guess what people are going to assume to come to a conclusions, and guess what the assumptions are the worst for you.

Don't bitch when people come to conclusions that you don't like or that you don't think are true just cuz you didnt bother to explain your side of the story.

Like I said duc,

This would have been better handle if you had just posted your story/side 1st thing rather avoid the answering the questions until the end. People need to come to conclusions with the information avaible and guess what assumptions are made... assumptions are made all the time. Better that you post your story that way people can atleast maybe assume that you are not a theif.

Well anyways goodluck to all those involved and hopefully things work out. duc you better beat the crap out of your neighbor for all this trouble he gave you.

Oct 23, 2004 at 2:36 PM Post #66 of 137
I have trouble believing the story, but that's okay. As long as everything is resolved, I think that this case is a testament to head-fiers supporting each other. Now, why his neighbor had any reason to do this, I can't even fathom. I also don't understand why pham cannot just ship the cards. I'm sure the people who received the empty ram boxes would be more then happy to receive their cards.

Thats all from me.

Oct 23, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #67 of 137
Quote:

I dont know, but it was not me that edited my post. It might have been some administrator priviledges, sensoring my words.

If it was an administrator that had edited your post, it would have stated so clearly.

Your story is as shaky as they come.

Oct 23, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #68 of 137
From duc's Headwize ad:

"No picture yet, but a brand new one, I guess you dont need to see it."

If I were duc, just for my own reputation's sake, I'd be hunting down a digital camera and taking a photo of the cards just so people would know I had them to sell in the first place and that it was truly a shipping error/big misunderstanding.

My $.02.

Oct 23, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #69 of 137
I'm not defending him, but I've had posts edited before without any note saying that it was a moderator that did it.

Oct 23, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #70 of 137
phamducduc:

I apologize for my posts, and I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but is not the first time this situation happen here, and the lack of communication is really sad while dealing with a problem...I will edited my comments and "suggestions"to show you my god faith, I was just trying to help the other fellows. I'm just hoping now that you will solve this problems amicably, we are all humans and are prone to errors, but please do not disappoint us, OK????

Oct 23, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #71 of 137
I just checked my email and I found that Phamducduc has refunded the money I sent him.
biggrin.gif
I can't ask for a better birthday present than the resolution of this problem. Jhawk22 has also been refunded his money as well. I would like to thank everyone that helped us out. I believe that you, the members of Head-Fi, are the only reason that Jhawk22 and I received our money. This is a huge weight off of my shoulders. I really appreciate the help and support all of you gave us.

Whit

Oct 23, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #73 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whit
I just checked my email and I found that Phamducduc has refunded the money I sent him.
biggrin.gif
I can't ask for a better birthday present than the resolution of this problem. Jhawk22 has also been refunded his money as well. I would like to thank everyone that helped us out. I believe that you, the members of Head-Fi, are the only reason that Jhawk22 and I received our money. This is a huge weight off of my shoulders. I really appreciate the help and support all of you gave us.

Whit

Great news!! Did you get to keep the empty boxes?
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #74 of 137
If you ask for my take on this, I believe that no apologies are in order.

I've since gotten the full scoop over PM from several Head-Fi members -- it would be very foolish of you all to believe that phamducduc started without the intent to defaud.

I think Wodgy did a pretty good job of interpreting things in this post of his:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
I suspect you hit the nail on the head. Go back and read his response that I quoted. Apparently he believed that he was commiting a civil infraction and that people would have to sue him to get their money back. He was likely betting no one would bother to sue him for a small sum like $150, and thus he would just get off. Pity he was too smart for his own good and misread the situation, not realizing that once you commit mail fraud across state lines it's a federal criminal affair.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Head-Fi members start turning lax or unresponsive when it comes to dealing with possible fraud, the number of cases where situations are improperly resolved will spike. I'm glad to see that so many people took their time to respond -- without the responses, there would most likely be no resolution.

Oct 23, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #75 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
If you ask for my take on this, I believe that no apologies are in order.

I've since gotten the full scoop over PM from several Head-Fi members -- it would be very foolish of you all to believe that phamducduc started without the intent to defaud.

I think Wodgy did a pretty good job of interpreting things in this post of his:

There is no doubt in my mind that if Head-Fi members start turning lax or unresponsive when it comes to dealing with possible fraud, the number of cases where situations are improperly resolved will spike. I'm glad to see that so many people took their time to respond -- without the responses, there would most likely be no resolution.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back