Main filter does matter!!
Apr 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
My friend advised me to change from the cheap mains distributor to a better or 'audiophile' one and he claimed that more improvements would be made from changing to better main filter than changing power cord. According to him, it made no sense using aftermarket powercord on a cheap mains distributor. Initially i did not believe him till I bought one myself a Waudio w4800 and.... WOW It really did provide substantial improvements, more than just switching powercord which is a hit or miss. I dunno what it can do to dynamic setups but for my stax , improvements are obvious enough to justify an investment on a good main filter. It costs $180. The mains filter is both US and UK plug compatible.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm more inclined to believe that a power conditioner with an isolation transformer would provide results rather than snake-oil power cables. I just got a small conditioner for cheap the other day. I have yet to make any comparisons but I believe there is less noise floor on my speaker rig. I don't have very clean/stable voltage in my house.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Its from a shop in Singapore. This is one of the few which are able to accept both US and UK plugs. Most hifi main filters sold in Singapore are for US plugs but we use UK plugs for all non hifi appliances. Funny isn't it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back