Mail Forwarding Options from Japan to US
Feb 27, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

earthpeople

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to get a pair of headphones and it looks like my best option right now is to order from Japan. However, the stores that have the best rates (that I've found) do not ship to North America. If you've used mail forwarding services from Japan before, I'd appreciate if you could tell me what company you went with, how the overall transaction went, and how pricey it is. I've found a few companies, but I'm not sure which to go with.

Thanks for any help!

[edit: found a site that sells it at a reasonable price and ships to USA, probably will just go with that if I can't find a used pair.]

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 3
I took this route to get my FX700s, and I'm glad I did.

I used Tenso.com - The total shipping cost was about $25, which was far less than the markups from the import shops. The site gives very clear instructions: When you order your headphones you ship it to the address they provide, and upon receiving the package they quote you a shipping price and then after you pay it's on it's way.

Honestly the hardest part of the whole process for me was getting the Japanese store site text translated so I could properly enter the address info.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 3
UPDATE:

Ha! i also ordered FX700 from amazon japan and used tenso.com  They arrived today which put the total time from the day I ordered from amazon Japan to the day it shows up at my door at 1 week.. Really fast,  especially considering it took a couple days to get to tenso's facility, and that there was a weekend in there.

My experience with tenso.com was excellent! very easy to use, email updates every step of the way, and of course even with their $25 fee i saved a substantial amount of money over every other purchasing option i found.  So glad i found people's recommendations about this.

I also liked how i could set the value of the package so that it did not look like i was importing such an expensive item.
i dont know if it saved me any money, but i was not feed at all for importing from japan. ( i valued my package at about $25)

I give tenso.com an A+  Highly recommended.

on a side note - its funny how items shipping from overseas - India, Japan, China for example, often arrive at my door faster than packages shipped from within the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back