Magwires Budget high end cable
Jun 18, 2003 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 40
wow, no clue how they sound, but for 14 bucks thats a beautiful build! Congrats on that one, and don't let us know how they work out when you get 'em.

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 40
Alright i got some innitial impressions, but the only paper that came with these cables say that they NEED burn in to sound the way they should. but out of the box these MURDER my monster interlinkCD's . The monsters sound so incredibly harsh in comparison, i couldnt beleive i used though for so long and actually thought that they were alright. Im gonna burn these in and post more impressions later. i can say right now that these were easily worth $14.

Jun 21, 2003 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 40
Ive never tried any $70 cables so i dont know what to say. He sells these for $30 though so im not sure why you would spend $70 on them by building them yourself.

Jun 21, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 40
$20/pair/1m - Nakeds - thick guage - nickel plated RCA
$30/pair/1m - Originals - thick guage - gold plated RCA
$70/pair/1m - Ultras - ultra thick guage - gold plated locking RCA

man, those prices are great!

in 4 days the prices go up 25%.

some of us already have most of the parts, that's all. that and we can cut to our own lengths (like 6").

i sent away for some multi-fibre magnetic wire. i want to see how flexible it is. I might be able to use it for headphone cabling.

did he tell you what guage wire he's using? maybe I'll email him, myself.

Jun 21, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #11 of 40
I might have to try those Ultras out. Considering he has great prices, takes credit cards and has a guarantee, what's not to like?

Jun 22, 2003 at 12:09 AM Post #12 of 40
Definitely, i cant beleive how great these are so far. theyre still burning in and it really makes a VERY large difference so im gonna give it a few more days then ill write up a comparitave review to the monster interlink CD's ive been using for the past 2 years. Make sure you mention head-fi when you order them from him, maybe we can get some deal going (even though these are already really well priced)

Jun 22, 2003 at 1:08 PM Post #13 of 40
Ok, I've ordered a pair of the Originals. I'll let you guys know how they compare to the Outlaw's.

Jun 23, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #15 of 40
can we say "jumping on the bandwagon"? Count me in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back