Magni + Mod Balance problem
Oct 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Milca604

New Head-Fier
I just received my Magni+Modi today
Soon as I start playing music, I realize that the sound from the right is a lot louder than the left
I adjusted the right to 31% and left remain 100% until they are the same
not much problem yet

but i turned off Magni and went for dinner
When I came back, I found that the left became really loud
I adjusted the right to 75% this time, with the left remain 100%

It's gonna be quite annoying if I have to balance the db output every time I turn on my Magni
Just wondering if anyone has the same problem
or if there is a way to make it balanced...
even making it stay the same amount of imbalance every time I turn it on would be big help

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 6
  I just received my Magni+Modi today
Soon as I start playing music, I realize that the sound from the right is a lot louder than the left
I adjusted the right to 31% and left remain 100% until they are the same
not much problem yet

but i turned off Magni and went for dinner
When I came back, I found that the left became really loud
I adjusted the right to 75% this time, with the left remain 100%

It's gonna be quite annoying if I have to balance the db output every time I turn on my Magni
Just wondering if anyone has the same problem
or if there is a way to make it balanced...
even making it stay the same amount of imbalance every time I turn it on would be big help

Did you swap the cables on one of them to isolate which one is faulty? And then test both with other equipment?

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 6

Did you swap the cables on one of them to isolate which one is faulty? And then test both with other equipment?

Yes I did, but it didn't help

If you've already tried a different source (a different computer, with different software config) and both of them even individually have the same result (weaker left channel), I suggest you contact Schiit for a return. Make the problem clear and whatever you've tried, so they coudl probably test the replacement units. If they test no issues with the replacements and the same issues pop up, I'd begin to suspect there's some kind of problem with your computer.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 6

If you've already tried a different source (a different computer, with different software config) and both of them even individually have the same result (weaker left channel), I suggest you contact Schiit for a return. Make the problem clear and whatever you've tried, so they coudl probably test the replacement units. If they test no issues with the replacements and the same issues pop up, I'd begin to suspect there's some kind of problem with your computer.

Thank you!
I already contacted Schiit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back