Magni and Modi use out of USA
Apr 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chawanwit

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Will the Magni and Modi from Schitt work in Thailand with a plug adapter? Im planning to use it with a hifiman he-400 and mbp. My bro who lives in USA will come here next month so I am asking him to buy it there so he can bring it. 

All answer appreciated.

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 3
You will need a voltage step-up/down converter/transformer thingie for the Magni.  You can probably find one locally.

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 3
You will need a voltage step-up/down converter/transformer thingie for the Magni.  You can probably find one locally.

Your better off with a step down transformer that is really big and heavy. The little wall wort step down transformers never last that long. The good ones are usually about 5 inches by 5 inches and wrapped with copper wire, so they are heavy. One side will do 220v converting to 110v. You can also reverse em and plug a 220v appliance in in the States and run it on 110v. I have done both with em.

Just make sure you have your plug going into the side marked 220 from the wall and you plug your device into the side marked 110 in your home country.

They are kind of dangerous as mine has a double plug where you plug it into a wall and the other end has live exposed plugs. I always plug everything in then plug the step down in last to make it safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back