magni 2 uber - sound distortions with dt 770 pro 80 ohm
Mar 12, 2017 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sashakrik

Head-Fier
Hi,
I have noticed that when the magni 2 uber is on the low gain setting there are sound distortions with my dt 770 pro 80 ohm headphones, the distortions are very noticeable when i'm listening to speech (podcasts).
When I turn the switch to the high gain setting the distortions disappear.

Is it a defect of the magni 2 uber or is it a normal situation since the headphones have relatively high impedance of 80 ohm ?

Thank you,
sasha.

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 5
Do you max out the volume setting on whatever source the Magni 2 Uber is plugged into?

Mar 12, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the Xonar D1?
Have you tried the Unified Xonar Drivers?
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Try maxing out the Windows sound setting and then try the DT770 with the Magni set to low gain, see if you still get distortion?

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 5
I tried connecting the headphones directly to the xonar sound card and there were no distortions. After that I have connected the headphones back via the magni but I have used different cable between the xonar and the magni and the distortions are still exists on the low gain setting.
I will try later today connecting the magni to a smartphone instead of the xonar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back