magni 2 uber or Audio gd nb15? headphone dac amp? (advice needed)
Jun 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wakkaday

100+ Head-Fier
which is a better purchase? and future proof, better build, quality, sound...

i probably have the schiit range wrong. i want to connect the dac to a pair of powered speakers via rca and i would like volume control? i also want to the option of connecting headphones to the device? and ideally a switch (to switch from speaker to headphone) or if its a case of plugging in headphones which cut off the speaker, thats suffice.

speakers are yamaha hs7
still need to buy headphones

i know the audio-gd has a switch, so i can select headphones or speakers (keep headphones plugged in if needed)

thank you

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 4
  Which is a better purchase? and future proof, better build, quality, sound...
I probably have the Schiit range wrong. i want to connect the DAC to a pair of powered speakers via RCA and i would like volume control? i also want to the option of connecting headphones to the device? and ideally a switch (to switch from speaker to headphone) or if its a case of plugging in headphones which cut off the speaker, that's suffice.
speakers are Yamaha hs7
still need to buy headphones
I know the Audio-GD has a switch, so i can select headphones or speakers (keep headphones plugged in if needed)

The NFB-15 comes with a dedicated switch for choosing between the headphone and line-output (speakers).
A would guess (?) the Magni 2 Uber auto senses and switches depending on if headphones are plugged in.
I like the idea that my NFB-15.32 has dual DAC chips :)

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 4
a headphone amp would be good but also something that would give sound from pwoered speakers too

i still need to buy headphones... have  pair of  ATH M20X  but thats probably basic stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back