Magnetic Monster Turbine Pro Coppers - possible?
Aug 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fusionsword

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I recently got acquired a pair of MTPC IEMs second hand, and I realised that after putting it through its paces, it is slightly magnetic. Both driver housings can attract each other. I know dynamic IEMs, being moving coils, have magnets in them, but I was wondering if this was something I should worry about.
Would it affect the sound quality or damage the IEM in the long run? I'm keeping it in a magnetic pouch supplied by Monster in the box as well, but I doubt it would have been the cause of the magnetism....right?
Can anyone help me clarify my doubts, please? Should I use another pouch instead? Do advise.

Thank you! :)

Fusionsword

Aug 18, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 5
There are some old green Sennheiser in-ears which are similar - the MX70 - the back of each capsule is magnetised, as well as the 'clasps' of the rubbery case. Not useful particularly, but not harmful either.

Aug 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 5
What about sound quality?

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #5 of 5
The MX70 sound quality is pants, they're earbuds so a lot of bass is lost with no seal to keep it in.

I see. Thank you! I will try listening for changes...
Anyone else has similar experiences on the MTPCs or other IEMs? Keep the opinions coming in guys :) thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back