Magnet to Attach Dongle DAC to iPhone?
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wilson.st

New Head-Fier
I dont like the dongle dac hanging off my phone. I have some thin magnet strips with adhesive backing that I want to apply to my FiiO KA5 so that I can just magnet-snap it to the back of my iphone when in use (magsafe case).

Will the magnet mess anything up with the DAC? Not concerned about my iphone since it's built to have magnet on back in the case.

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 8
Does your FiiO exhibit any noise when it's in contact with your phone like that?

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 8
Does your FiiO exhibit any noise when it's in contact with your phone like that?
I have not done the magnet thing yet. I was hoping to see if it was safe before I did. I just dont want the magnet to break or interfere with the dongle mechanism

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 8
I have not done the magnet thing yet. I was hoping to see if it was safe before I did. I just dont want the magnet to break or interfere with the dongle mechanism

But does putting the dac on the back of your phone without magnet cause any distortion?

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 8
All the Magsafe iPhones already have magnets built into the back of the phone, which are what Magsafe accessories are attached to. If the dongle can work without any issue just by putting it on the iPhone's back, then it can certainly work with a Magsafe case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back