Magnepan rig for HT/Music.
Jan 31, 2011 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

csholtmeier

Head-Fier
I'm absolutely loving my HE-6/Virtue One.2 combo, and I'd love to get the same sound in a 2-channel HT/music rig. The caveat is that I have a child on the way, so I'd like to get the wall-mount Maggies. Either the MMG W or MC1, with a small sub to fill out the lows.

I think I'll repurpose my DacWOW optical DAC and pick up a Virtue Audio Sensation M451. The M451 is 2.5 times the price of the One.2, but I'm going to need remote volume control. Is there a more cost-effective amp that will power the Maggies as well as the Virtue?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 4
This is my current magnepan rig that i use for stereo and HT. Fantastic for both.

I plan to add and Emotiva XPA -3 and fill out the center and surrounds with MMG and MMGC..but that's a long way off. 

Either way you won't be disappointed with this route..

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 4
The ones that aren't designed for wall mounting ..yes indedy. I have mine nearly 4 feet from the rear wall. I would have ideally liked to have 2 ft clearing on the side of the right speaker, have more like 14 inches  and will have to do.

WIth the right amp, these can be quite satisfying across the frequency range. The TV in the middle muddles up the imaging, but i usually throw a blanket over the screen when i do serious listening. Have a bunch of plants near the left as there is a big sliding window there to act as damping material else there would be too much reflection coming off of the window. Its a work in progress lets just say..which is fairly fun too..though i'da rather find the most ideal placement and damping conditions and kick back, beer in hand and just listen the majority of the time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back