Magix levitation feet - why doesn't everyone use them?
Dec 26, 2008 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

Patrick82

Banned
I have used them for 2 years and I get surprised everytime I put them under my components. Putting Magix under my laptop impresses me more than sources costing $30 000+. It's weird that people don't try Magix because they "cost too much".

I'm using EMU0404 USB and laptop as my reference system. I'm using Genesis power cables, Magix levitation feet and RGC-24 Ground Conditioners. I get more for the money than when I used dCS Elgar Plus DAC and dCS Verdi Encore transport.

I'm using HD590 and they are good enough to hear the huge improvement from tweaks. I have discovered that ERS Paper is only needed for K1000, so I don't use it anymore.

I have had my laptop on my table for a month. Today I put Magix under my laptop and at the same time reduced the volume by 3.22 dB. I heard a new world of low-level detail! The improvement was crazy huge! More detail and transients all over the place! The brightness/edginess had transformed into transients. Attack and decay was longer, everything was fuller. The bass was slightly reduced because of the lower volume, but that was expected because Magix makes the frequency response flatter with more resolution.

Magix is the best tweak for this price. Genesis power cable is like Magix but it also makes the bass bigger and faster. Genesis power cable is the best tweak in the world, but it's much more expensive. Both tweaks combined gives amazing sound!

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 84
I find 4 of these to be sonically superior to almost anything plus you can stack them for better enjoyment.

510-hockeypuck.jpg

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's weird that people don't try Magix because they "cost too much".

Indeed. That is inexplicable.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 84
I'm going to venture a guess and say that, given the price to improvement ratio, almost anyone would rather buy like 15 new CDs.

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are so many other things I could buy at that price that would improve the performance of my rig. Besides,hockey pucks look cooler!

What things?

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 84
Do you use them for your chair/feet as well? Because there are lots of dangerous vibrations in the ground, you know. They could easily slip into your headphone. And you don't want that, do you?

Another good (and cheap) tweak I can recommend is beta blockers, as the human heart produces lots of bad vibrations. It's important to minimize them.

Dec 26, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 84
Hard to say really!
Perhaps because few people around here have tried them, and/or because they don't have the same positive experience as you.

Dec 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tubes,cables,headphones....the list is long!

Adding tubes and cables into the path didn't improve my audio system, it made it worse.

I have compared separates vs a single box setup; separates were better when not using any Magix, however, when both setups were using Magix the single box setup was better and cheaper. I used a modified 7cm Nordost Valkyrja interconnect which was better than Nordost Valhalla. I could hear a huge difference between 44cm, 15cm and 7cm interconnects, the shorter one had more bass and detail.

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #13 of 84
Oh God, Patrick. You've got all that cash. Why don't you just get a fanless laptop with an SSD in it. That way you don't have to worry about vibrations from the laptop! Ever!

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh God, Patrick. You've got all that cash. Why don't you just get a fanless laptop with an SSD in it. That way you don't have to worry about vibrations from the laptop! Ever!

I have tried water cooling and fans; turning them off gives a subtle improvement at best. The sound coloration from Zalman Reserator water cooling was similar to Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU.
Even with a solid-state computer the improvement from Magix is huge!

I have compared 1 vs 2 harddrives (3.5 inch); 2 harddrives sounded edgy and bright, but that was because of the extra wattage draw infecting the rest of the audio system.

The harddrive with the best sound was Western Digital 1TB because it rotates at a lower speed and uses less electricity.

Laptops have 2.5 inch harddrives which use less than 1/5th of the wattage of 3.5 inch harddrives. Going from 2.5 inch to SSD will give a subtle improvement yes.

I have tried Magix under each harddrive and it didn't give an improvement. Putting Magix under the motherboard is what gives the HUGE improvements!
I have also tried different RAM sticks and they had different sound signatures because the EMI was different; the RAM stick with a metal heatsink blocked the EMI from reaching the soundcard, it resulted in smoother sound. The soundcard is very sensitive!

I'm using USB output from the laptop and Magix still gives huge improvements! Amazing!

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 84
Oh no!!! Watch the second part of "Patrick Returns"

GUYS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP HIM, IS SIMPLY TO IGNORE HIM...
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back