Magazine review of Ety 4P
Aug 28, 2002 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bdb55

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased the September issue of "Laptop" magazine last week (it was the first time I'd ever seen this publication) and though I'd share an article I read in it. Anyway, the cover story was "Hot Digital Gadgets for Work and Play." I was surprised to see the Etymotic ER-4P was one of their "pocket-size(d) gadgets that delight, surprise, and make our lives a whole lot easier." Here's their short review:

"Etymotic ER-4P $330
The free earbuds included with your new portable music player are worth exactly what you paid for them. If you care at all about sound quality, replace them with something better; if 'better' isn't good enough and only the best will do, take a deep breath and write a big check for Etymotic's ER-4P.

The ER-4P is worn inside the ear, and when inserted, blocks external noise to create a sealed environment. The ER-4P's output is tailored to work within that environment, and the results is sound that is better than most people will ever hear, whether from a high-end living room system or other headphones. If all you listen to are books on tape, the ER-4P is overkill, but for breathtaking reproduction of music, accept no substitute."

Of course, there was no mention of headphone amps or the 4S, but I was impressed that a magazine had even heard of Etymotic. I remember reading here a while ago that Consumer Reports' headphone comparison featured no 'phones above about $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back