Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 22, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #511 of 948
After much consternation, my K3 Pros finally arrived today from NiceHCK. So far I've only been able to put about 20 minutes of listening time and OTB they sound really nice. Mine are dark grey, not brown, fortunately. I haven't noticed any issues with the cables, but I haven't really put them through their paces as of yet. I think I might just get the Sainsonic cables, with and without microphone, just in case. I figure it doesn't hurt to have some extra cables anyway.

I haven't tried swapping filters, and it's not something I've ever done before and there are no instructions on how to do so, either. So if any of you could give me a heads up on how to change the filters, I would greatly appreciated.

Other than that, my initial impressions are quite positive. They are solidly built, not heavy but with a satisfying weight to them that gives the feeling of quality. They are also quite tiny, which I was surprised by. My KZ ZST and ZS3 essentially dwarf the K3 Pros. So far with the stock filter and the stock tips, I find the sound to be smooth with nice clarity and resolves details quite well. The bass is lush without being overbearing. I'm not sure what the burn in period for these should be, as I have not found such information in the documentation provided, but as it is, these seem to strike the right balance for my ears.

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #512 of 948
After much consternation, my K3 Pros finally arrived today from NiceHCK. So far I've only been able to put about 20 minutes of listening time and OTB they sound really nice. Mine are dark grey, not brown, fortunately. I haven't noticed any issues with the cables, but I haven't really put them through their paces as of yet. I think I might just get the Sainsonic cables, with and without microphone, just in case. I figure it doesn't hurt to have some extra cables anyway.

I haven't tried swapping filters, and it's not something I've ever done before and there are no instructions on how to do so, either. So if any of you could give me a heads up on how to change the filters, I would greatly appreciated.

Other than that, my initial impressions are quite positive. They are solidly built, not heavy but with a satisfying weight to them that gives the feeling of quality. They are also quite tiny, which I was surprised by. My KZ ZST and ZS3 essentially dwarf the K3 Pros. So far with the stock filter and the stock tips, I find the sound to be smooth with nice clarity and resolves details quite well. The bass is lush without being overbearing. I'm not sure what the burn in period for these should be, as I have not found such information in the documentation provided, but as it is, these seem to strike the right balance for my ears.

Glad you're not having the issues I had. And the SainSonic cables are beautiful. Weirdly the SainSonic cable has alleviated my painful discomfort. Seems the stock cables had both connection and ergonomic issues. Perhaps the increased pressure against my ears was causing the disconnections.

To switch the filters you just have to unscrew the installed one with a counter-clockwise twist and screw in the other one using a clockwise twist. Takes a bit of force initially but they come out easy enough. The silver filters add a lot of bass and tame the treble substantially. I wasn't expecting such a dramatic change and I prefer the stock filter much more. 

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #513 of 948
Got an unexpected delivery!! Can't wait to try them out. I don't see how these could be a fake the packaging seems legit. So looks like I got the hd version

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #514 of 948
Well I know mine are legit, these things sound great! Loving the fit/comfort, the memory cable works great. I need some time with them obviously but I can already tell I like their tuning more than the 1more triple. So far just using the stock filter and tips, but I don't like silicone tips too much so I'll be swapping to foams and my spiral dots soon. So, on the hd k3 pro the second filter that comes with it, is supposed to do what exactly?

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #515 of 948
Well I know mine are legit, these things sound great! Loving the fit/comfort, the memory cable works great. I need some time with them obviously but I can already tell I like their tuning more than the 1more triple. So far just using the stock filter and tips, but I don't like silicone tips too much so I'll be swapping to foams and my spiral dots soon. So, on the hd k3 pro the second filter that comes with it, is supposed to do what exactly?

​See my comment 2 posts above.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #516 of 948

Congrats! It arrived!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #517 of 948
​See my comment 2 posts above.

Ha, man I'm blind, is that with the "hs" version as Well? If I remember correctly EVERYTHING was the same with the hd version, they just tuned it to sound "clearer with better resolution". I would assume the filters are the same. Either way, ootb I like what I hear, too soon to really say they're this and that, but I like the tuning

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #518 of 948
i have the brownish k3 pro. ootb, bass was muddy and the higher frequencies were a bit splashy.

after 8hrs burn in, sub bass is noticeably improved. now, it's nearly 20hrs and mid bass is tight, higher frequencies calming down, already a pleasure.

i don't notice a channel imbalance. i also don't have a problem with the mic-less mmcx cable..

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #519 of 948
cool.gif
OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.....

Hemi, Glad You like them. I knew you would.

It relieves me to know that as old of a Fart as I am I still can make a pretty good call on Sound.

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #520 of 948
:cool: OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.....

Hemi, Glad You like them. I knew you would.

It relieves me to know that as old of a Fart as I am I still can make a pretty good call on Sound.

:ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: TWIN

Ya I shouldn't have doubted you, these are absolutely the most comfortable in ear I've ever worn. I can't wait to use them while working on things.

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #521 of 948
Just to let you know guys there are lot of fakes out there.
One of the magaosi k3 distributors warned me for the same.

Quote:
Woah, how do we check if our set is genuine?

Quote:

OK, MaGaosi just informed me this past week that there are 3rd party distributers that are changing specs without their consent. they told me to mention to head-fier's some important facts!

1. The K3 / K3 PRO is a MaGaosi product from HILISENING. Beware of 3rd party distributers selling fakes -not originally a HILISENING distributor
2. They "do not" sell brown K3's
3. The K3 HD has only been sold through several authorized taobao stores in China with the "HD" logo on the housing and NOT distributed "yet" to sell outside of China
4. They plan to change the housing for the K3 HD before selling out of China, so beware of fakes! K3 / K3 PRO will continue with same housing, but the K3 HD will be modified with a different look

This is the latest from MaGaosi's personal message to me from Shenzhen to Beijing.

-Clear

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #522 of 948
As suspected, now those that have Brown K3 return to seller and let us know which store you bought it from

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #523 of 948
Hi guys,
I have been ordering my Magaosi K3 Pro during the anniversary sale and am still waiting for them to arrive. It was through the "easy" banned seller, and when ordering, my only choice of color was Brown, so I did ask him to confirm that I would get the Gray version as I had never seen the Brown anywhere and thought it was a labeling typo, but the only thing he replied to me was that he will send me the color that they have... Hopefully I don't end up with a fake one that I will have to return. Anyone received their K3 Pro from this seller? If yes, did you receive the genuine gunmetal colored one? All these issues are getting me more and more worried, as it would be a pain to have to return them and waiting another month or so before I can enjoy what seems to be an awesome pair of IEMs from the various reviews out there. Well I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed while waiting, enjoying my brand new DT1350 with my Cayin N3 in the meantime, and waiting on my Cayin C5 from Massdrop to amp it properly!!! 
beyersmile.png
   Have a good Sunday everyone.

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #524 of 948
I'm gonna be really sad if he is selling Browns and they really are fakes

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #525 of 948
   Quote:
   Quote:

OK, MaGaosi just informed me this past week that there are 3rd party distributers that are changing specs without their consent. they told me to mention to head-fier's some important facts!

1. The K3 / K3 PRO is a MaGaosi product from HILISENING. Beware of 3rd party distributers selling fakes -not originally a HILISENING distributor
2. They "do not" sell brown K3's
3. The K3 HD has only been sold through several authorized taobao stores in China with the "HD" logo and NOT distributed "yet" to sell outside of China
4. They plan to change the housing for the K3 HD before selling out of China, so beware of fakes! K3 / K3 PRO will continue with same housing, but the K3 HD will be modified with a different look

This is the latest from MaGaosi's personal message to me from Shenzhen to Beijing.

-Clear

So, mine say hd on the packaging, I wonder if they're not legit then? They're definitely not brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back