Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 22, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #481 of 948

@SpiderNhan ah, for some reason the black non-mic+remote-version isn't available on UK/DE Amazons. And the price for your equivalent is 29.99€/24.99£, equaling 32$.

​Either way it's good to know that a quality cable fixes the connection issues which is cool because I was planning on upgrading the cable from the start. I'd be more angry if I had paid full price for these, but now that the cable problem is fixed I can finally enjoy them without distraction and they sound wonderful. It is quite similar to the Dunu DN-2000j except it corrects both the issues I had with those which were A) treble was that too bright and B) bass that too light. The only issue I'm contending with now is the slight discomfort which is surprising considering how tiny these things are.

Yup, still a bit of a skeptic myself as I tried a third non-vendor cable and had the same issue, but is quite crap, I can't even remember where I got it from.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #482 of 948
The cutting-out problem with my set hasn't been sorted by swapping out cables. Plus, there's a volume imbalance between the channels which will be down to the drivers not being set symmetrically. I'm currently in the 'who is going to pay for return shipping cost' phase of negotiations with the Ali vendor. I'm inclined not to get a replacement set of K3 Pros. My fear is that there is a high risk of getting another shoddly assembled set; which may or may not have the same internal components as those received by the happy posters here.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #483 of 948
The cutting-out problem with my set hasn't been sorted by swapping out cables. Plus, there's a volume imbalance between the channels which will be down to the drivers not being set symmetrically. I'm currently in the 'who is going to pay for return shipping cost' phase of negotiations with the Ali vendor. I'm inclined not to get a replacement set of K3 Pros. My fear is that there is a high risk of getting another shoddly assembled set; which may or may not have the same internal components as those received by the happy posters here.
You found it quality, I mentioned before the value of Magaosi K3 is 20USD!

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #484 of 948
You found it quality, I mentioned before the value of Magaosi K3 is 20USD!

cool.gif
I'm Skeptical simply because of the Color. The ORIGINAL K3 and K3Pros were Dark Grey. No one seems to have problems with the Early K3 Pro and My Original K3 have been spot-on since I got them. I wonder if when they started offering the Brown they tinkered with the innards?

Pretty much sounds like what is being experienced with the Musicmaker SWIII.  Don't foresee an upgrade to the Pro or Pro HD. OR the SWIII for that matter.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #485 of 948
:cool: I'm Skeptical simply because of the Color. The ORIGINAL K3 and K3Pros were Dark Grey. No one seems to have problems with the Early K3 Pro and My Original K3 have been spot-on since I got them. I wonder if when they started offering the Brown they tinkered with the innards?

Pretty much sounds like what is being experienced with the Musicmaker SWIII.  Don't foresee an upgrade to the Pro or Pro HD. OR the SWIII for that matter.....

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

I didn't know there was a brown version. Wow.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #486 of 948
Yupp agreed Twin, early versions good Bhazard can verify that and Slowpickr has my set of OG K3 and he loves the sound.

Kusher, claims they are worth $20 is BS. There is something fishing going on and I bet it's due to the demand for these.

For the people who have a questionable set of these, what store is it from?

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #487 of 948
Yupp agreed Twin, early versions good Bhazard can verify that and Slowpickr has my set of OG K3 and he loves the sound.

Kusher, claims they are worth $20 is BS. There is something fishing going on and I bet it's due to the demand for these.

For the people who have a questionable set of these, what store is it from?

+1.

I don't know if it's worth the $135 I paid, but there's no comparison to a $20 IEM like Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD or KZ ZST.

Heck, the 2 included MMCX cables are worth $20.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #488 of 948

+1.

I don't know if it's worth the $135 I paid, but there's no comparison to a $20 IEM like Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD or KZ ZST.

Heck, the 2 included MMCX cables are worth $20.

Not in my case. 
biggrin.gif

I needed to buy a $16 MMCX cable to do what my two $10 cables couldn't. But I compare the sound of these to the $389 DN-2000j except more to my liking. ZST at $20 and even 1More Triple at $100 are definitely outclassed.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #491 of 948
Apr 22, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #492 of 948
Wow! i can't believe Magaosi K3 Pro is that good up there to the point people starts faking it. I have no doubt of my pair of K3 Pro and it should never be brown colour as i'm aware only the gunmetal colour is available for K3 Pro. Maybe there's silver too for K3 HD i guess but never were there any brown K3.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #494 of 948
Wow! i can't believe Magaosi K3 Pro is that good up there to the point people starts faking it. I have no doubt of my pair of K3 Pro and it should never be brown colour as i'm aware only the gunmetal colour is available for K3 Pro. Maybe there's silver too for K3 HD i guess but never were there any brown K3.

Do we know for sure that brown = fake? Seems too obvious. I mean, gray paint isn't exactly uncommon. Usually when someone fakes something, the visuals are the main thing they concentrate on (knowing that 99% of consumers don't open their equipment, so the internals are where they cheap out on).

Now I don't feel so bad that I paid so much for mine.

While the old adage 'if it's too good to be true' is true, counterfeit stuff is often sold at HIGH vs ridiculously LOW prices to make it appear more legitimate. So a higher price isn't any more of a guarantee of receiving a genuine product just like too-good-to-be-true low prices aren't a guarantee either.

I'm starting to wonder if these increasing reports of loose cables, channel imbalances due to drivers not being mounted properly, and housings falling apart when changing tips are really QC issues. Sure sounds to me like it's exactly the kind of cost cutting you find with the fake stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back