Madison headphone stores?
Jan 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SolidSnake3

500+ Head-Fier
Well as you can probably tell from the title I am currently living in Madison WI. I am a student at the university and have just started getting into the world of headphones and high quality audio equipment. I bought a pair of Alessandro MS-1 about two month's ago and love them however I failed to take into account just how noisy dorm living is.

So as you can most likely guess this thread is about me asking if there are any stores in/near Madison and the campus where I could buy some good closed headphones. I'm not totally sure which one's I will be going with(will be starting a new thread for that) but I just want to know if there are any stores in the area where I could go buy them.

I would rather not buy them online seeing as so far the things I have had shipped to the dorms have all had issues in shipping as in they took a very long time getting here or there were address problems. Thanks

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 6
If you find one, post it up! My parents still live there and I might be going to UWMad or Mil for grad school so I may be coming back as well.

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 6
I drive through Madison a few times a month, so I'd be interested in finding one as well.

What you could do is find some headphones you are interested in, then go to the manufacturer website, then look for authorized dealers in WI.

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Full Compass looks to be pretty good although the trip would pretty long as I don't have a car or bike. I would need to figure out bus routes for that but if I can't find anything else I will.

Good suggestion tjhmuse, once I figure out a particular set I want I will try that. Thanks

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 6
I've had a few jobs out there while I lived around willy street and used to get out there by bus. It's doable, but give them a call, they know the local audio dealers and will probably be able to set you in the right direction.

Also, there used to be an audio store on University Ave...just past the Taco Bell in middleton...there was a tranny caught in the chimney once...they might still be there...(not the tranny)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back