Madhouse tungsten Amping thread.
Apr 26, 2024 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

N3XED

New Head-Fier
I want some suggestions, thoughts, opinion and general sentiment of what amps might be good for Modhouse tungsten. I'm currently using the Cayin IHA6, which for the most part feels like it's doing the job. I'm not specifically after buying advice, but if a recommendation is cheap and the item of said price is quality enough, I might give it a shot. So if you think you could make an impression give it a shot!

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 2
I want some suggestions, thoughts, opinion and general sentiment of what amps might be good for Modhouse tungsten. I'm currently using the Cayin IHA6, which for the most part feels like it's doing the job. I'm not specifically after buying advice, but if a recommendation is cheap and the item of said price is quality enough, I might give it a shot. So if you think you could make an impression give it a shot!
What’s your DAC? The best improvement in your sound will be your DAC, followed by amp, then finally your headphone. The Tungsten would likely need expensive gear to bring out its best so you’ll need a budget. Ironically, getting that headphone which is notorious for being the most difficult to drive of all will force you to upgrade your chain. Uggg.

It’s like getting a Corvette but you are using a horse and buggy to pull it. Yes it moves and it looks pretty but you’re not getting the best out of it. If it was me I’d try to find a used Schiit Yggy for 1,200 usd or so. Upgrading your amp wouldn’t make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back