Made my own 10+ kg brilliant pebble! Mass damping to the extreme!
Jun 3, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #47 of 202
It could help with resonance. I don't know if it does, but there are devices sold for the same purpose that sit on top of components. I thought that was the one tweak that might actually have some limited effect.

Jun 3, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #49 of 202
Yes it is well known that some powerful tweaks are based on large and heavy spherical stones. They can literally do magic...

Some of those stones are particularly dangerous to deal with, though. They can mess with things beyond the sound signature of your rig. In fact, one particular kind of stone, "Palantir", can send out your systems' sound over very long distances, allowing people very very far away to hear your rig. In doing this sort of "transmission", the Palantir steals a bit of snap and punch from the sound you hear in the immediate surroundings of your rig, thereby deteriorating the sound you get. Allegedly, people at the other end of the Palantir´s communication path can also do surveillance of your illegal downloading of music, and some other stuff.

In any case, the last known Palantir stone was found in the hands of a very old fellow nicknamed "the White". He was an audiophile who found the stone after the downfall of the previous owner, who was, allegedly, a very bad dude. That one had betrayed his good audiophile principles by replacing a wonderful stereo speaker rig with a Bose HT in a Box. The Palantir maybe had something to do with that. Whatever happened to the Palantir in the hands of "The White", it is not known.

All of that happened in an ancient place called "Middle Earth" several centuries ago. Some researchers have tried to trace down the whereabouts of that last known Palantir stone, but unsuccessfully.

You should keep in mind, the last Palantir was seen in "Middle Earth". Turkey is somewhat near what could be called the "Middle of the Earth". Food for thought, eh?

So watch out, your stone is maybe much more than a simple tweak...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #50 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't speak for the moderators, but I think I can safely say that's not what the mods were hoping you'd learn from the ban. Anybody else think he needs more "time-out" to think about what's wrong with his behavior?

No. I think you need to be banned for being bossy and intolerant and for thinking that you own the bandwidth on this website. His posts are amusing and completely harmless. If they bother you, which I can't think of any reason why they would, then you are absolutely free to exercise your right not to read them by browsing your way toward the billion or so other options that are available to you on the internet. Since you asked.

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #51 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. I think you need to be banned for being bossy and intolerant and for thinking that you own the bandwidth on this website. His posts are amusing and completely harmless. If they bother you, which I can't think of any reason why they would, then you are absolutely free to exercise your right not to read them by browsing your way toward the billion or so other options that are available to you on the internet. Since you asked.

[size=x-large]X2[/size]

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #52 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it is well known that some powerful tweaks are based on large and heavy spherical stones. They can literally do magic...

Some of those stones are particularly dangerous to deal with, though. They can mess with things beyond the sound signature of your rig. In fact, one particular kind of stone, "Palantir", can send out your systems' sound over very long distances, allowing people very very far away to hear your rig. In doing this sort of "transmission", the Palantir steals a bit of snap and punch from the sound you hear in the immediate surroundings of your rig, thereby deteriorating the sound you get. Allegedly, people at the other end of the Palantir´s communication path can also do surveillance of your illegal downloading of music, and some other stuff.

In any case, the last known Palantir stone was found in the hands of a very old fellow nicknamed "the White". He was an audiophile who found the stone after the downfall of the previous owner, who was, allegedly, a very bad dude. That one had betrayed his good audiophile principles by replacing a wonderful stereo speaker rig with a Bose HT in a Box. The Palantir maybe had something to do with that. Whatever happened to the Palantir in the hands of "The White", it is not known.

All of that happened in an ancient place called "Middle Earth" several centuries ago. Some researchers have tried to trace down the whereabouts of that last known Palantir stone, but unsuccessfully.

You should keep in mind, the last Palantir was seen in "Middle Earth". Turkey is somewhat near what could be called the "Middle of the Earth". Food for thought, eh?

So watch out, your stone is maybe much more than a simple tweak...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

This is all quite fascinating! Have you ever thought of jotting down your story into book form, or better yet a screenplay.
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #53 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is only one word to describe my feelings about this post: pwned.

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #54 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys realize he's putting everyone on, right?

Yes and there is something very Andy Kaufman-like about his humor. I find it highly entertaining.

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #55 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes and there is something very Andy Kaufman-like about his humor. I find it highly entertaining.

If he starts wrestling women, I may purk up.
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #57 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he starts wrestling women, I may purk up.
tongue.gif

I thought you'd prefer he fakes his own death?
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #58 of 202
rsaavedra;3008100 said:

Some of those stones are particularly dangerous to deal with, though. They can mess with things beyond the sound signature of your rig. In fact, one particular kind of stone, "Palantir", can send out your systems' sound over very long distances, allowing people very very far away to hear your rig.

OK, how do I get one of these stones, I am fascinated by the prospects. Does Todd The Vinyl Junky offer them yet? And can they be tweaked with ERS paper so that when I am in my den I hear silence?

Jun 3, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #59 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is all quite fascinating! Have you ever thought of jotting down your story into book form, or better yet a screenplay.
tongue.gif

I don't know, maybe. If I jot in down into book form, I might call it "The Lord of ..." something, so as to make it sound kind of dramatic and maybe scary. In screenplay it would take too long. Might require a trilogy of long movies
tongue.gif
eggosmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, how do I get one of these stones, I am fascinated by the prospects. Does Todd The Vinyl Junky offer them yet? And can they be tweaked with ERS paper so that when I am in my den I hear silence?

I doubt he has one. But take into account, the Palantir stones exert a power over people. Anyone having one would very doubtfully sell it or give it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back