madden 08 u in?
Aug 16, 2007 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Headphoneus Supremus
got madden 08 for ps2. pretty good gameplay. plan to play online vs jahn...for some epic pigskin battles...anybody else pick this up and your thoughts?

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 14
I might check it out for the 360, I thought 07 was alright.

My only complaint:

The online community. Every time I'd play online, I would vs a trash talking punk kid who thought he was the greatest. Only a few times this wasn't the case.

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 14
No. Just no. What is the point of releasing a new Madden game every year? It's just the same damn game every year with different stats! It infuriates me that games like this will sell millions of copies while games like Okami and Ico, beautiful works of art, go on to become commercial failures. It really says a lot about society and its priorities.

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. Just no. What is the point of releasing a new Madden game every year? It's just the same damn game every year with different stats! It infuriates me that games like this will sell millions of copies while games like Okami and Ico, beautiful works of art, go on to become commercial failures. It really says a lot about society and its priorities.

For the same reason you can sell "syndications" of Seindfeld and Friends, but not of Dodgers games from 2000-2006. Most people want updated rosters and stats, that half the battle. They could careless about the gameplay and new features.

I use to play Madden and MLB baseball etc, and I would pay 60 bucks or so each year just to have it updated. But if I was just a somewhat casual gamer who didn't follow much, I would agree that it would be a waste.

Until online leagues get better I'll pass on 2008

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Menus are swifter.

Good to hear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #11 of 14
I picked it up for the 360 on release day. Played it a couple times. Its good but I won't get another Madden for at least a couple of years.

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 14
ps2 on its last legs, might as well go out with madden '08. 1911 always plays Dallas. Bah.

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 14
For a Windows PC, there is no compelling reason at all whatsoever to "upgrade" from Madden 05, 06 or 07 to Madden 08. The Windows version of 08 uses the same friggin' graphics engine and nearly the same computer player AI as 05! The $39.99 initial price of the Windows version of Madden 08 (versus $59.99 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Madden 08) reflects the fact that EA (Electronic Arts) is clearly spending most of their development resources on the newest-generation (and astronomically expensive) gaming consoles.

With that said, I might try 08 -- but only if I get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 gaming console with the 08.

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. Just no. What is the point of releasing a new Madden game every year? It's just the same damn game every year with different stats!

I'm tired of spending one entire week every year trading and manually adjusting the attributes on every single player every season to match the updated rosters.
biggrin.gif

I'm in for '08 on PSP as long as Mike Vick is still in it...Unstoppable against AI
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back