MADCATZ gamecube cable ($10)
May 13, 2003 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MERTON

Banned
i was thinking of just hooking my gamecube directly to my meta 42's rca inputs... all rca's are analog, right? so is there any point in me trying to get digital sound out of my gamecube? (it does support 5.1... if that helps any) and does anyone know of any sort of high end cables to hook my gamecube to my meta with? i've just decided to stick with my hd 202's for regular t.v. listening (i have no cable or satelite and ain't planning to get any) since the t.v. sound output is probably crap anyway.

May 13, 2003 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't believe there are any cables to take advantage of the digital out features (if they do exist) on the gamecube. Acually, i've always been looking for a schematic of the Gamecube outputs, i'd imagine anyone with a little diligence could make a pretty penny off of that

May 13, 2003 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 5
it does have a digital out because it support progressive scan and hi- def tech... but it may just be the video signal that can be digital. that out is the bigger computer looking one next to the regular out. you have to order the cable from nintendo.

May 13, 2003 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 5
The gamecube doesn't support digital outs for sound. It doesn't use DD or DTS, it uses Dolby ProLogic2 for surround.

It does support progressive scan with the component output for video.

May 13, 2003 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 5
so i'll just go to signalcable.com and get some extensions and i'll be all set... just need a good and cheap portable cd player.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back