Mad Dog versus Momentum
Dec 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rjalex

New Head-Fier
After so much reading and listening to reviews I have narrowed down my choice of closed headphones to the two models I refer to in the subject.

Much to my surprise I could not find comparisons between them. Anyone owning both able to give me his/her impression ?

I would drive either with my O2 amp from JDSLabs.

In my country I'd pay the MD 3.2 with Alpha pads 350 Euros and the Momentum 250 (and might think about a used one at 215).

Thanks for any opinion.

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 8
I would say defiantly go for the Mad Dog, if its mostly home use. Though, if you are going to be using for portable use quite often, the Momemtums seem like a better choice. Momemtum has a good build for portable and I beleive it does not need much amping.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 8
Portable use go with the Momentum.

At home the Mad Dog 3.2 smokes the Momentum in overall sound quality IMO. Better imaging, detail, I prefer their slightly better extended highs, deeper bass extension and I far prefer the mid range.

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for these inputs. Yes I was talking about the circumaural version of the Momentum (not the on ear) since I am looking for closed cans to use at home and work to listen to music in isolation.

PS I find it unfortunate that Sennheiser decided to call Momentum two very different cans.

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #7 of 8
  Ok after lots of thoughts ordered a Mad Dog ! :)

yay! I would love to hear your impressions of your new headphones :)

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Will sure do ! Don't hold your breath though since it seems I won't have them for a few weeks (backorder I think).

Wonder what is this 22US$ tune-up thing you can buy in the US (while the EU distributor does not seem to carry that item) ...

Happy 2014 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back