Macro photo fans...check this out!
Aug 14, 2007 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Mrvile

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm part of a photography forum called "FredMiranda" that some of you may be familiar with. Anyway the moderator of the Macro section of the forum recently started posting these things called "macro art challenge." The point behind the challenge was to get people to start thinking about lighting and composition instead of just getting in-your-face with their photography, emphasizing the artistic side of macro photography instead of the analytical side. People would post their photography and Tom, the moderator, would pick out winners at the end of about a month and a half. After filtering through twenty-one pages of submissions, Tom had finally posted the winners of his second challenge:
Best of macro art #2

And here is the original:
Best of macro art #1

Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 15
Wow. Thanks for the link. This really makes me want to get in to photography--but then I remember that it's expensive, and I'm broke.

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Thanks for the link. This really makes me want to get in to photography--but then I remember that it's expensive, and I'm broke.

Then check this guy's album out. He uses about $200 in total gear and can take better photos than most people, period. It's who's behind the camera that makes the difference.

tchuanye

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 15
There is some insperation!

Too bad I don't have a macro lens
frown.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is some insperation!

Too bad I don't have a macro lens
frown.gif

You don't necessarily need a true macro lens. A 50mm, with a set of extension tubes, can get you as close as you need. You can even use extension tubes on a zoom for even more versatility. There are also close-up adapters available. Image quality isn't quite up to a real macro lens, but it's a good way to start.

Aug 14, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful.

I must admit I am a sucker for the shots that clearly show a plant or flower being refracted through a water droplet. Coooooool!

I was thinking the same, plus the shot of the water droplet in mid bounce is cool as heck
cool.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #12 of 15
Some really great photos there, I especially like the second to last picture of the 8th post in best of macro art #2 as well as the mosquito in post 5

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #14 of 15
Can anyone recognize my winning shot?

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone recognize my winning shot?

Of course! It's the B&W shot of the insect on top of the bike pedal in the mud. It's really a fantastic shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back