Macboook Pro emu 0404 problems
May 24, 2008 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Testament

New Head-Fier
i would like this thread deleted as i do not appreciate my personal information being placed online. If mods would like to know the story of the trade gone awry please message me. I don't think its cool putting my personal information out like this and having it kept up when the entire story is unknown.

May 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 13
usb works, as far as i know its only toslink. I don't have a coaxial cable to test that digital output. The USB gives me sound through the output ports in the back. i haven't tried the headphone out yet.

May 24, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 13
output button? you mean to choose between coaxial and optical?
yeah i set it to optical and set the monitor to s/pdif. the thing is my receiver detects an optical connection, but i get no sound out.

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 13
Do you have a friend with a PC who'd let you try it out with their machine? It may simply be an issue with the Mac driver, but unless I misunderstand something, the 0404 should even output a digital signal when not connected to any computer (for example if you wanted to hear a guitar over your stereo while playing it). You might simply have a bad unit.

But correct me if I'm wrong here, but the MacBookPro has an optical out. It's a mini-optical out installed into the end of the headphone jack. That might work better.

-Axcelon

Jan 15, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #10 of 13
Hey, I'm having the exact same problem, optical out doesn't seem to work at all. Have re-installed with different versions of the driver, rebooted bout 100 times, feels like I've tried everything.

Headphones work like a charm, and I can record stuff through the mic line with no problem, it's just the optical that gives me trouble.

Hope anyone can help.
happy_face1.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 13
I am having this problem also. Reading around the net I found that PC users are required to have ASIO drivers to get digital output. So perhaps it doesn't work with the mac at all?!?

Has anyone heard of any case where a mac/0404USB owner got digital outputs to work?

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #12 of 13
Testament: - Contacted, problem solved -

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #13 of 13
hi mods i would like this thread, or my personal information at the least removed from this site. I think its unfair to have this up without anyone knowing my side of the story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back