Macbookpro ---> Fast track pro --> Headphone Amp ---> AKG Q701...is correct?
Jan 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Derrik86

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

I bought Q701 headphone and I would like to use them for produce electronic music with my Macbook pro.

If I connect Q701 to Fast Track Pro I have low level and not good sound!

How can I fix it?

I need a Interface Audio for work with Ableton low latency and good AD/DA converters.

Can I connect a HP amp (Matrix M-stage) to FAST TRACK PRO HP Out??

Or upgrade Interfarce Audio is better?

Thanks a lot

ps. sorry for my English

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 6
The Fast Track Pro is a very good audio interface.  It does 24-bit with good signal to noise.  It also supports Pro Tools M, if you were ever to want to do that type of thing.

My recommendation would be to add a headphone amp between the Fast Track Pro and your headphones.  You can get lots of suggestions here.  The best value may be something by Schiit Audio such as the Valhalla.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 6

My recommendation would be to add a headphone amp between the Fast Track Pro and your headphones.  You can get lots of suggestions here.  The best value may be something by Schiit Audio such as the Valhalla.

Can't I use a Dac/headphone combo connected to Fast Track Pro SPDF (Coaxial)? 

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Can't I use a Dac/headphone combo connected to Fast Track Pro SPDF (Coaxial)? 

Yes you can.  But the DAC in the Fast Track Pro is decent.  So whether it will be improvement depends on which DAC you choose.

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #6 of 6
I don't know much about the fast track pro.  You could try the super cheap FiiO D3 (has coaxial and toslink input) and see if it is an improvement....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back