MacBook Pro output
Feb 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zethca

New Head-Fier
Hello Headfi. First time post, long-time lurker. So I finally took the plunge and picked up some Grado SR225s and a PA2V2. SUPER excited about it. Slightly uncertain about something though. I've done a few searches with pretty weak results. 

Basically, when I'm using my MacBook Pro (13" 2009 model) will I be seriously compromising SQ by running the headphone out to the PA2V2? Would a cheap USB DAC or combo like an iBasso D2 significantly help?

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 3
I have a MBP (abt as old as yours) and a PA2V2. No, I don't think you're "seriously compromising" by using that combi; I frequently read here that a MBP has quite a decent DAC and headphone output.

I wouldn't sweat it till you've at least heard it. Let the gear arrive and then try it out before thinking about additional purchases.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks a lot. It's probably minimal at best. I've also read about the good DACs in MBPs, but it seemed to me that was referring to either the higher end 15 and 17" models or the older non-alluminum MacBooks. 

I know it's nothing to lose sleep over but I'd love to get some solid info on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back