MacBook Pro connecting to Pioneer Receiver with Audirvana Plus
Jun 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SoundsGood

100+ Head-Fier
Perhaps someone can help me with an issue I've run into.

I have a mid-2009 MacBook Pro that I connect to my Pioneer 1019 receiver. I initially wanted to be able to watch video/listen to audio from my Mac to my TV, so I bought this adapter from Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=5969&seq=1&format=2 that I connect to an HDMI cable. This works fine most of the time and serves its purpose.

Now that I've been downloading higher resolution FLAC files (24/96, etc.), I was thinking I could use my receiver as a DAC until I can purchase an external USB DAC for my laptop. The receiver can handle resolution signals up to 24/192 via HDMI so I figured it would be perfect. Well, here's the issue: I just downloaded Audirvana Plus and when I connect to my receiver and play a 24/96 FLAC file, Audirvana displays my receiver is only sampling at 16/48. I've checked all my computer settings (audio output, USB audio, etc.) and my receiver settings - those all seem fine.

So, why would it display at only 16/48? Is there something I'm possibly missing? Do you think the Monoprice adapter is the issue - would it not be rated to pass a higher resolution audio signal with the conversion of USB to HDMI?

Many thanks for any insights and help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back