macbook pro apple logo color?
Feb 5, 2008 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

brotherlen

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered some colored inserts for the illuminated logo. I have the "rainbow" (original mac logo) leopard or tiger print. So far the original looks best. But I'm curious if I can pull it off and still be secure enough in my manhood. Suggestions? Experiences? Examples of your own?

(I just installed a new hard drive in my laptop, trying to download all the OS updates, thus lame post)

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who sells inserts? How rough was the hard drive swap? I'm getting ready to ditch the stock 120gb in favor of the WD 320gb.

The hard drive swap is pretty straightforward on an MBP. Just make sure you organize all the screws and write where they go back in.

Also, avoid putting a screw in the DVI slot. In my rush to put the notebook back together, I didn't notice that I had put a screw next to the DVI port and now its lodged in there.

redface.gif

Picture012-1.jpg

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #6 of 16
I was all excited to order some for my MacBook until I saw that the installation is "very difficult"... f-that for just some colour. It would be cool, though

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherlen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the directions, it may not be so bad for you. It's all how you interpret difficult. It would be easier than building a Cmoy more than likely.

Yeah, I looked at the instructions. Considering I kind of messed up swapping the HDD in my MacBook (I forgot to change the sliding tray, and taking the new HDD to do so afterwards was such a pain), and the fact that my only tool here at university is my mini leatherman, I think that I'll pass for now
cool.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 16
I feel ya, my lack of tools prevents me from doing a lot of projects that I'd rather do myself. Comp mods/amps etc.. However, if I had to pick one tool, it would be a leatherman. (while in the military; next to my weapon, most important tool I had.)

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 16
I'll let you know once Linux is done downloading. I'm pretty sure there is a white frosted one in there. Laying the inserts over white paper made them "pop" a bit more. If there is, I may leave it in there.

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #14 of 16
You have to take off the back cover of the screen, the logo is actually clear with a white backing behind it, slipped the insert in the front of it and close it up. It was a nightmare to take it apart though. I couldn't do it as the instructions said to do, so I pretty much took the whole thing apart, using nothing but guts and a leatherman. I had to use the needle nose to loosen up the torx screws! but it worked and it's tighter than when I took it apart.

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #15 of 16
Good to know. From some of the pictures it appeared that you had to take the Apple plastic piece out, because some of the logos don't appear to sit flush with the display skin anymore. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back