Macbook Pro 2007 Audio Quality?
Oct 22, 2011 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

anirudh0802

100+ Head-Fier
So I was wondering, how is the audio quality with the Macbook pro? Does it produce a good output? I have a pair of Denon D5000's and was wondering if my macbook pro (15 inch) would be able to power it? 

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a 15in MacBook Pro 3,1 and find that it can power my HD595's very easily.  The max volume is about the same as my Fiio E7 amp.  However the E7 sounds much better than the internal amp/dac and it is especially noticeable at higher levels of amplification.

I believe your D5000s are a little harder to power, but still very usable with no amplification.

And since it sounds like you own both, why don't you just try it out for yourself?

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 4
As others have mentioned you will be able to play it at decent volume levels but you won't be getting the most out of it. All soundcards that are built in will never compete with stand alone DACs and amps. But you can start off with what you have now and eventually work on upgrades. I think HIFIMAN sells a DAC Amp combo for around $180 and HRT sells a dac amp combo that has a decent price as well. Both should make a nice upgrade and improvement to your sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back