Mac Compatible MP3 Players
May 6, 2007 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jack963

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently have a Toshiba Gigabeat S60 and an IBM computer running Vista. I am thinking of getting a Mac soon, and the Gigabeat isn't compatible with Mac OS. Which MP3 players (besides iPods) are compatible with Mac OS?

I realize I could install Windows on the Mac as well so I could use my Gigabeat, but if there is another solution (i.e. an MP3 player that I'd be happy with that works with Mac OS), I'd prefer that.

Thanks for the help!

May 6, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 11
So you want all sorts of players (flash, hd, etc.)?

The ones I now off the top of my head:

Insignia Video, Mobiblu Cube, Sansa Express, Sansa E200 (All flash and they all appear as a flash drive)

May 6, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 11
iaudio x5, any rock boxed device

May 6, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 11
I feel obligated to mention the Trekstor Vibez. The only requirement is doesn't meet is capacity (12 GB).

I may be mistaken, but don't all UMS/MSC capable devices support Macs by definition?

May 7, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may be mistaken, but don't all UMS/MSC capable devices support Macs by definition?

yeah, basically. It's recognized as a removable drive.

May 7, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #11 of 11
Be sure to check if you'll need a native app for possible firmware upgrades (if you choose not to Rockbox it for example) as well (although, since your getting a MacTel, booting into Windows for firmware upgrades every now and then shouldn't pose a problem).

I'm not sure how widespread it is, most of you above my post can probably advice here, but my iAudio D2 does it all by it self. I just put the new firmware-files in the root of the D2 and off it goes. Maybe that's common practice nowadays - at least with the Cowon players? (I'm on a Mac as well - old iBook G4, though :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back