Mac and MiniDisc.
May 16, 2006 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Squibbles

100+ Head-Fier
How would one go about transferring songs via LP2 to a minidisc with a mac? Is it even possible?

May 16, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 7
Which Mac? the G5's have an optical input at the back so you could copy it in real time to a sound editing programme like Soundtrack Pro or even Wiretap Pro which is Freeware and records anything playing through the soundcard

May 17, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Only the oldest MD have an optical out. Pretty much no recent model has an optical out. The only way is realtime via analog. In theory the RH1 will be able to transfer legacy formats via USB but no ones tried it yet AFAIK because they've not released the software to do it yet.

May 17, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Minidisc Decks have optical outs... just not the portables.

May 17, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Rymer
Minidisc Decks have optical outs... just not the portables.

Doh. True. I keep forgetting about the decks since I've never owned one just the portables.

May 18, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 7
Yeah, just remember if you pick up a deck to make sure it's MDLP! I was having this panic attack about how to transfer my MD songs (about 200 discs' worth) to the computer and had the brilliant idea to buy a used deck on ebay...unfortunately it was a 1st gen model and didn't have MDLP, but most of my discs were LP2 or LP4. Bleah. At least I was able to sell it for what I paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back