MA / Boston (New England) 07 Summer meet!
Jun 3, 2007 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 111

Towert7

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=xx-large]Edit: Please see the new thread at [/size]
Here

Jun 3, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 111
Since I am back home (Louisville, KY) for the summer and don't go back up to Boston until the 18th of August, my vote is for sometime thereafter.

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 111
A new head-fier here, so count me in. Hope we get some vendors to participate . I am willing to help out as well, esp if it is Aug time. I have a few other locations in mind and will look into it.

One question -- The last Boston/Malborough one was a success? Perhaps whomever organized it can spare an hour or to to give us the tips to make this one a success as well?

For people who are going to come, it may help to tell us where you are coming from, to help us decide on location. Whether it needs to be public transportation accessible, for example. I am in Boston myself.

P.K.

Jun 3, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question -- The last Boston/Malborough one was a success? Perhaps whomever organized it can spare an hour or to to give us the tips to make this one a success as well?

The last Boston Area meet was a great success, as were the two prior to that one. I set up and hosted all three (Marlborough) meets and it was a joy and a pleasure.

The initial effort involves finding the room (size based on the Interest Thread; this one I guess), negotiating the cost, creating a floorplan with spelled out number of tables and chairs, passing the paperwork (contract) back and forth a few times (ensuring there are no hidden/standard charges), and inspecting the location. Conference centers all have pre-set and mandatory electricity, beverage, and additional setup charges that exist in the standard contract. Not striking those with signatures from both sides can triple the cost of the venue. For example, at the first meet, someone asked the hotel for a power strip; they delivered a small box of them, and added 60 bucks to the bill. Took me two weeks to negotiate it off my charge card. Oh, that's the other part; signing on the dotted line and being responsible for any/all charges. On the meeting day, simply making everything happen as planned.

With the above stated; however, it really is a team effort. Last meet, I had Salt Peanuts for the signup/gear-to-bring thread, which he also did for the past two meets. This is living-thread requirement; someone to keep up with daily updates and check for new entries. Haj did an amazing job each time; the meets were a success as a direct result of his dedication.

Also for the last meet, another member (Nate) managed the Vendors participating and sent-in gear list, and Yikes managed the gear raffle setup and execution. Overall security (knowing who's coming and going is another team effort. All in all, it takes a small and dedicated team to make it happen. We've been blessed each time with such a team.

Look at the sticky at the top of this section for some other great suggestions.

I've since switched jobs and am no longer in the immediate Marlborough area, but will watch this thread for location preferences. If Marlborough still makes sense, and we're looking at August, I can try for this location again.

Dave

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 111
I live in new york but i go to school in rhode island and have alot of friends there i would be willing to spend a weekend in rhode island and make this meet

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 111
I'am in --- ANY time
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #11 of 111
At the moment I have nothing planned for July or August, so any of these dates are good for me.

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 111
Reporting in!

I'm free pretty much any evening, except for the last week in july or the first week in august (can't remember which). I'm also gone june 22-25, and August 21 (Dream Theater Concert
biggrin.gif
)

I personally can't wait for a meet, someone has gotta bring some DT770's though. I really want to hear a pair.

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally can't wait for a meet, someone has gotta bring some DT770's though. I really want to hear a pair.

Assuming I can make the meet, I can bring a pair of pre-2003 DT770/80s.

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #14 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll make sure to bring my DT770pro 250ohm plus my two headphiled ones.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 111
I would love to, but I'm back to school on August 11th for RA training.

That, and I have a hard time finding a car anyways- but who knows.

I hope something gets setup, and I hope I can come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back