m70x vs MSR7
Feb 3, 2016 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gully

Head-Fier
For mainly use in competative gaming at lans (isolated) but also for music listening

For m70x i like the build quality and cords much better. As far as positional accuracy for gaming i assume that since its known to be a very accurate headphone, its postional accuracy will be very strong. Though they do not look super comfortable compared to msr7. There have been many good reviews about it.

On the other hand

MSR7 looks like a slightly more *fun* headphone with a big soundstage, so again assume that positional acurracy will be solid. But u also wonder about noise isolation with this headphone.

Help me find more deciding factors. And correct my assumptions please. Thank you!

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 10
You should consider the Soundmagic HP150

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-hp150-premium-full-size-folding-headphones

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 10
For mainly use in competative gaming at lans (isolated) but also for music listening

For m70x i like the build quality and cords much better. As far as positional accuracy for gaming i assume that since its known to be a very accurate headphone, its postional accuracy will be very strong. Though they do not look super comfortable compared to msr7. There have been many good reviews about it.

On the other hand

MSR7 looks like a slightly more *fun* headphone with a big soundstage, so again assume that positional acurracy will be solid. But u also wonder about noise isolation with this headphone.

Help me find more deciding factors. And correct my assumptions please. Thank you!

Maybe also consider the AKG K553. Nice soundstage and positional data for a closed can at $199.00.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #7 of 10

Maybe also consider the AKG K553. Nice soundstage and positional data for a closed can at $199.00.

Another sick suggestion... the main thing i dont like about those is the massive headband, it looks really clean though. i also dont want them to be too big, they look about the size of the dt770, and those cups, even though probably optimal for soround, seem just too big

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 10
  Another sick suggestion... the main thing i dont like about those is the massive headband, it looks really clean though. i also dont want them to be too big, they look about the size of the dt770, and those cups, even though probably optimal for soround, seem just too big

Compact headphones won't provide a very good soundstage.

Soundstage is probably the main downfall of M70x
MSR7 might be a tad better in that regard, but still average.

If form factor is more important than soundstage and imaging, then just pick the one you like most and enjoy.

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #9 of 10
Compact headphones won't provide a very good soundstage.

Soundstage is probably the main downfall of M70x
MSR7 might be a tad better in that regard, but still average.

If form factor is more important than soundstage and imaging, then just pick the one you like most and enjoy.

Never said it was more important. But i just wanted to see if there were any that might have been an in between. I didnt know that earcup size was the biggest effect on soundstage on closed headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back