M50x's for gaming?
Aug 18, 2014 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mdh994

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys just wondering, I have a set of m50x's on order currently getting shipped
I am just wondering do any of you guys use m50s as gaming headphones
I have a asus xonar u7 soundcard/amp. from what I have heard Fps gaming
is pretty bad on these but i want to know from people personal experience. :)

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 6
Well I say it's better than buying a pair of $150 gaming branded headphones, but I prefer open headphones for gaming when I used to play games. The sound stage is better, better positioning, sounds more realistic.
I had the m50s and they were always uncomfortable for me so I couldn't wear them for that long, and even if they aren't uncomfortable for you your ears will get hot from wearing them for long periods so its bad for long gaming sessions

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 6
thanks for the reply. Yea I gave up on gaming headsets, I have had Asus orion pros, cm storm cirus, tt esports Shock. None of them have lasted longer then a year, they were all great for gaming but when it came to listening to music the sirus wern't bad but the rest were rubbish. So i was thinking m50's just as a kind of all rounder. :)

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 6
The soundstage is pretty closed in, but they're engaging, and there's enough detail that they'll probably outshine most of what the average M50 buyer's heard before. For gaming purposes, I'd usually recommend the Sennheiser HD558 for having a similar sound and enjoyment level, but being open allow them to be better for gaming. But, yeah, you won't be disappointed, and you can travel with M50's easily which is a huge plus.

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 6
  Hey guys just wondering, I have a set of m50x's on order currently getting shipped
I am just wondering do any of you guys use m50s as gaming headphones
I have a asus xonar u7 sound card/amp. from what I have heard Fps gaming
is pretty bad on these but i want to know from people personal experience. :)

For headphone surround sound gaming, I would say cancel the ATH-M50Xs and get the Sennheiser HD558s (used is fine).

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 6

For headphone surround sound gaming, I would say cancel the ATH-M50Xs and get the Sennheiser HD558s (used is fine).

Thanks for the advice but I believe its a bit late, I have my 5.1 stereo if the m50's are unbearable. :p, what i was looking for was a good all rounder, so I searched around and found that according to others the m50s are pretty much good at everything, portability will be nice but I will mainly be using them for music and occasionally a bit of rpg/mmo gaming, I have given up on fps shooters for a while. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back