M50's VS. Shure SRH750 DJ's?
Dec 2, 2009 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

SoulMisaki

Head-Fier
Just wondering how the two compare? Has anyone tried both? Please post your comments here and be as detailed as possible. I might get the SRH750's soon.
atsmile.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 21
I don't have the m50 but the srh750s sound amazing but the headband is quite flat which causes most people to have to extend it to max capacity. Check out the srh750 thread for more about that.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 21
What do you mean by flat? Like.. Not as expandable as you'd like?

Also, im interested in this comparison because the M50's were my last pair of phones and Im getting new ones to replace them after they busted.

I noticed these right away and I noticed the Driver is 50mm like the M50's and the impedance is similar as well if I recall.

Looking forward to some comparisons if possible.

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 21
Just buy something. I'm actually getting annoyed by your threads now
angry_face.gif

Just get the D1001S, it's cheaper than the M50. If you don't like it, return it.

But if you want, the M50 is probably better than the SRH750. Just guessing.

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #6 of 21
The headband is flat and doesn't curve around your head that well, I've been bending mine and it has helped quite a bit. The m50, just received today so no burn in yet, has more quantity of bass but so far the srh750dj has better quality overall but not by too much. In the pic, the Shure is extended all the way and the AT is at about 3 clicks.

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulMisaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see the Srh750's look.. Odd there..

Is the bending going to get it like the M50's eventually do you think? And since you have both, how are the isolation in comparison on both?

The srh750dj won't curve like the m50 just by bending (I really don't think so) you would have to take off the material covering them and really go to work. Actually, just by bending them they are more comfy just not as curved as most other headphones. Also, the m50s have a tighter "clamp" on your head so the isolation is better. After a week or two the m50 should be burned in better so you can remind me or pm if you still want to know which I would pick if I could only keep one. I am a noob when it comes to headphones and this forum so I can't deliver a detailed spec filled review, sorry.

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando3000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The srh750dj won't curve like the m50 just by bending (I really don't think so) you would have to take off the material covering them and really go to work. Actually, just by bending them they are more comfy just not as curved as most other headphones. Also, the m50s have a tighter "clamp" on your head so the isolation is better. After a week or two the m50 should be burned in better so you can remind me or pm if you still want to know which I would pick if I could only keep one. I am a noob when it comes to headphones and this forum so I can't deliver a detailed spec filled review, sorry.

We're in the same boat then, I'm also new.

My first pair was the M50, so I'm seeing if I should get these now since my M50's got busted.. Just PM me with your comparrison when you are done asap or post it in here, I would be really greatful, thanks.
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #11 of 21
I'm still waiting for a decent review of these myself. Am about ready to pull the trigger. All I know is they sound better than the SRH440 according to a friend... not really hard for me since I hated the SRH440. I need to know how they sound compared to the M50 to really know.

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #12 of 21
BTW how do these fold up? I need something that folds up really compact to store easily into a bag.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #13 of 21
They fold up just like any other DJ headphone.

And they definitely sound sweet. I wouldn't say they're a "rock" headphone but definitely something for the electronica guys out there. I use them for DJ/Studio use and I couldn't be happier. I don't know what people are saying about lack of isolation. I tested these in next to a wall of speakers at my last gig and they held up fine (don't worry, i was wearing earplugs lulz).

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #14 of 21
Have you tried the AKG K518/81 DJ/. Do they fold up as compact as that? I mean I don't have a sense of how large these are. Are they a lot bigger than the K518s?

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried the AKG K518/81 DJ/. Do they fold up as compact as that? I mean I don't have a sense of how large these are. Are they a lot bigger than the K518s?

I wouldn't classify any of those as typical DJ headphones as their looks aren't like DJ headphones at all. I've seen a K81DJ and it's definitely larger in terms of earcup and headband size.

If you take a look, pretty much all "standard" DJ typical headphones are roughly the same size eg. Sony MDR-V700, Pioneer HDJ-1000, Technics RPDH-1200, Stanton DJ Pro-3000S, Audio Technica Pro-700 and they all fold the exact same way. They fold inwards towards the headband which makes them half the size of the headphones when they are open.

So that's...what, 18cm across, about 10cm high?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back