M50 is overrated here is why.
Oct 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ChronicLiar

New Head-Fier
I just had to make this thread...
evil_smiley.gif

We live in a world where 80 percent of the headphones we bought in our childhood were extremely congested and not very accurate.

When I bought my first pair of open headphones my first reaction was "Wow these sound so thin how do people listen to this?!" And then as time went by I realized I was just used to the congestion in closed back headphones.

I needed to make this thread because coming from an ATH m50 perspective every open-back headphone sounded dull and thin in comparison (this included sennhieser hd 558, senhieser 598, grado sr 325is and I made several thread regarding this issue ) but after a month of listening to open-back headphones the ATH M50 sound almost made me puke. 

I'm really confused how people can compare this headphone to open-headphones in the 300 dollar price range and up. These things are not even close and I feel like I should sell them or give them to my little sister.

Maybe in the world of closed back headphones they are the clearest and cleanest... But I think comparing them to the real beasts out there is just dumb. It's getting as bad as the hype on beats by dre!

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 15

I'm really confused how people can compare this headphone to open-headphones in the 300 dollar price range and up.

They don't.  As they say, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 15
  I just had to make this thread...
evil_smiley.gif

We live in a world where 80 percent of the headphones we bought in our childhood were extremely congested and not very accurate.

When I bought my first pair of open headphones my first reaction was "Wow these sound so thin how do people listen to this?!" And then as time went by I realized I was just used to the congestion in closed back headphones.

I needed to make this thread because coming from an ATH m50 perspective every open-back headphone sounded dull and thin in comparison (this included sennhieser hd 558, senhieser 598, grado sr 325is and I made several thread regarding this issue ) but after a month of listening to open-back headphones the ATH M50 sound almost made me puke. 

I'm really confused how people can compare this headphone to open-headphones in the 300 dollar price range and up. These things are not even close and I feel like I should sell them or give them to my little sister.

Maybe in the world of closed back headphones they are the clearest and cleanest... But I think comparing them to the real beasts out there is just dumb. It's getting as bad as the hype on beats by dre!

Did you start two threads on this subject?

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 15
Oct 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #6 of 15
Oct 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 15
Oct 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #11 of 15
Oct 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #15 of 15
  I have never heard the ATH m50 so I can't say. It seems when they were in the $100 price range many coincided them to be the best in that price range. 

At first I liked the m50and then when I heard open back phones for over a month they sounded like two sub woofers planted in your brain. There is like zero soundstage..... The apple earbuds that came with the iPhone 4s has a better soundstage (This is sad).

I'm sure you can find better headphones for a hundred bucks ( the 558s) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back