M4p troubles
Jan 29, 2015 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Phishin Phool

500+ Head-Fier
So I recently installed Jriver as my media player/server and am unable to play M4p files. I have quicktime installed (and selected as the output device (renderer? engine?)) but there is no sound.

A couple of background issues. Jriver has searched my network of pc's that I have cobbled together as well as my NAS to give me a complete library build culled from multiple pc's and network resources. I have built my own pc's and am often taking a drive out here or swapping this piece out there etc. Changing configurations etc. 

My initial speculation is that since Itunes is not installed on the same pc (or any others atm) as Jriver that Apple is somehow preventing me from hearing the files (they seem to play just no volume). This leads me to my next problem. The m4p are older files from my wife and kids ipods and I assume that somehow I have to "grant access" to these files - is there any way to determine what account(s) these came from and to try and work with apple to restore privileges or is there a way to convert the m4p to unprotected mp3/m4a??

I know these aren't the greatest quality files in the world but there are hundreds of these tunes and my family really would like to get them back if at all possible - many thanks - jk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back