M3ti advice
Oct 28, 2004 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

akio

100+ Head-Fier
i just picked up a pair of M3ti's and will be running them off of a panny xr25 thru my 1212m (dorm room bumpage). I'm pretty sure i'll use an ebay glass optical from source to amp, but i don't really know anything about speaker cable. the jacks on the back of these things look a litte bit weird - they're screw down clamp type things. should i use spades? bananas? i know absolutely nothing about speaker wire connectors. thanks!

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 7
You can use whatever you like, spade, banana or bare wire. Banana would be easiest, just plug it in (just make sure you have the connector screw down all the way first).

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 7
Get a piece of Rat Shack megacable to begin with, and a couple of bananas, later on you can upgrade the cable if you feel the need of......don't get crazy with that, I have tried a few of them, and still have a Carol Command silver plated, sound better to my ears of all what I had tried, and cost pennies a foot....just keep it as short as possible....
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 7
i <3 you sovkiller .... stock cd3k for life! i love the m3ti's!

Oct 29, 2004 at 7:18 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Get a piece of Rat Shack megacable to begin with, and a couple of bananas, later on you can upgrade the cable if you feel the need of......don't get crazy with that, I have tried a few of them, and still have a Carol Command silver plated, sound better to my ears of all what I had tried, and cost pennies a foot....just keep it as short as possible....
biggrin.gif

Second the choice of Radio Shack MegaCable.

Oct 29, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 7
I agree with these guys, save some money and just get some wire from radioshack. I'm a big fan of the Axiom speakers. I own the m2 and the m22, wish I could think of a reason to buy another set of speaker because I'd really like to hear a pair of the m3's.

Oct 29, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by duff138
I agree with these guys, save some money and just get some wire from radioshack. I'm a big fan of the Axiom speakers. I own the m2 and the m22, wish I could think of a reason to buy another set of speaker because I'd really like to hear a pair of the m3's.

According ot the guy who answered my questions the m3ti sound a little better than the m2ti, something related with the midrange IIRC...the difference is not that much, so welcome ot the club, just get them....now I'm upgrading the crossover parts to Mills non inductive resistors (or maybe Dayton one of the two, let's see which fits better) and Solen caps, later on just sit and relax enjoying them.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back