M3 Owners: HELP!
Apr 23, 2005 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ElChupahueso

100+ Head-Fier
So here i am, shiny new M3 in hand, and first thing i'm trying to do (besides charging it) is to upgrade the firmware. So following the directions I put the .bin file in the FIRMWARE folder, go through the safely disconnect USB device procedure, and then plug in the power supply. Now at this point, the thing's supposed to automatically update it's firmware, right? Well, not mine. It decided against it for some reason. So i try hold the play button down for a moment, still nothin'. Ok... so through the jetShell, I find the option to reformat the drive. In retrospect this was the worst thing i could've done. The only option it gave me at the time was to reformat it to NTFS since i'm running XP Pro. So now i essentially have me an expensive 40gb external drive. At any rate, through my searching and such, I find that the drive should in fact be formatted to FAT32, and NOT NTFS. Thankfully I got that done. So now it appears that i need to rebuild the OS on it. This is where i need the help of the M3 owners. I need a copy of the system files on the M3. If somebody would be so kind as to send them my way via e-mail, that'd help a lot. decay1369@gmail.com And yes, i already have an e-mail into tech support about this. I'll be calling them first thing Monday morning too. But i'm just trying to get this thing back up and running before that. So yes, HELP!

Decay

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 6
Yes, it was at full charge when i attempted to update the firmware.

Decay

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 6
YGE

Right after I post this response I'll email you the files updated to the newest firmware version. About your problem upgrading the only thing I can say is that one time I had a problem getting it to update itself, but I just had to turn it on and off a few times and eventually it updated.

Edit:
Also just incase you need to know for some reason those files are from my American 40GB M3 with the English firmware version 1.35

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #5 of 6
Kick ass, thanx man. Yeah, Somehow i managed to get the 1.31 firmware files to load on there. For whatever reason the installer decided it finally recognized the player. So the firmware's there, I have some flac files and mp3's on there, but it's not playing. So yeah, i'm pretty sure it's because i'm missing the system files that make the thing run. If this all works, out, i'll have to post the entire thing for any future owners so they won;t have to suffer through all this.

Step 1) BACK ALL THE FILES UP ONTO YOUR HARD DRIVE BEFORE ANYTHING!
Step 2) ONLY FORMAT IT AS FAT32!

The rest is in the details.

Decay

Apr 25, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 6
[EDIT]
All is swell. Consequently, the M3 only supports FLAC files up to level 3... great.... Well, more time spent decoding, and reencoding...joy of joys....

Decay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back