M3 Headphone amp problem
Jun 24, 2007 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lcp12345

100+ Head-Fier
I have built a M3 headphone amp. It is function for a over 2 months. Since ground noise was found in this amp with no signal feed. I have checked where is come from. But, the amp got problem after I had heard a "spark" sound during check.

The following observation were found,
1.The problem is Vop+/Vop- and V+/V- is normal (it was +/-13.8V) without all OPAMP insert.

2. OPAMP voltage wound drop half(around +/-7.4V) if OPAMP was insert to any channel.

3.V+ is +20.8V and V- is-7.2 in situation 2

4. OPAMP Voltage supply was further dropped to around +/-3.1V when all opamp was inserted. I have no idea about this though I have replaced Q5+ Q5-, Q6+, and Q6-. The TLE2426 is swapped as well. But, this doesn't help. I have a look on the components. It seems no problem without any scratch.

5. The V+is24.6V, V- is -3.6V in situation 4.

Any idea?

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcp12345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have built a M3 headphone amp. It is function for a over 2 months. Since ground noise was found in this amp with no signal feed. I have checked where is come from. But, the amp got problem after I had heard a "spark" sound during check.

The following observation were found,
1.The problem is Vop+/Vop- and V+/V- is normal (it was +/-13.8V) without all OPAMP insert.

2. OPAMP voltage wound drop half(around +/-7.4V) if OPAMP was insert to any channel.

3.V+ is +20.8V and V- is-7.2 in situation 2

4. OPAMP Voltage supply was further dropped to around +/-3.1V when all opamp was inserted. I have no idea about this though I have replaced Q5+ Q5-, Q6+, and Q6-. The TLE2426 is swapped as well. But, this doesn't help. I have a look on the components. It seems no problem without any scratch.

5. The V+is24.6V, V- is -3.6V in situation 4.

Any idea?

You might try www.headwize.com. Go to the DIY section, then the M^3 build discussion, and post your problem there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back