M2tech Vaughan dac crashes Mac.
Sep 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

martingl

New Head-Fier
I have a very annoying problem with my vaughan dac...Half the times I turn it off or put it in standby it crashes my Imac...I have tried everything...changed computer , cables etc, but no luck....any idea to what can solve these melt downs? I strongly believe it has something to do the the USB connection in some way...

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 14
my Vaughan constantly crashes even when the DAC switches to standby mode being idle for awhile.
I can't unplug all USB devices and dedicate a standalone machine just for music server as others do.
In the mean time, I have never experienced any issues with other DACs. I tested Benchmark dac2, weiss usb dac, Luhmann BCL dac and none of them caused any problems.
I just look at M2Tech website, the last driver update for mac was posted on 2011 . It speaks for itself.
I'm not willing to deal with those guys who do not stand behind their products , even if this dac is the best in the market

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 14
I am hoping a new driver will fix the problem but I doubt it…if it ever will be released…the new mac OS has been out for quite a while now and nothing happens…so if you have a new computer with up to date firmware your 7000 dollars dac does not work at all and if you use an outdated software it merely crashes all the time…. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 14
I got a chance to communicate with Marco, the guy who owns the company. He said they would post mac new USB drivers in two weeks.
I shot a short video to illustrated the problem and showed it to Marco. He and his team were able to replicate the crash on their mac machine which is a big progress, because they did not want to acknowledge  the problem before that. Now they do.
I have Vaughan for trail period and  my dealer kindly allowed me to keep the DAC another two weeks or until a new driver comes up so I can test it.
Will see, hopefully M2Tech will make it right eventually

video clip (vaughan crashes two macs )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8XJciB4X9k

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 14
Very clever with the video...exactly like mine...i have just write mail to marco as well asking for a solution for this problem...if they ignore it i will dish this product so bad everywhere that noone would want to buy it...if you find a solution will you please post it here...

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #9 of 14
I'm afraid I have bad news . It seems the M2tech can't afford a professional developer to work on the driver for mac.

I got the chance to get hold of Marco, the owner of M2Tech and here's what he repled:

Dear sir,

we're still working on it. It's not easy for us as we don't have specific skills on drivers, but my programmer is a smart guy and is quickly learning on the topic. Alas, Apple is absolutely not responsive as we have no support at all. The old programmer who made the previous driver took over three months to give us a beta (and he was supposed to be very skilled), so I can't promise fast delivery now. I can only tell you that we're doing our best.

Cheers,

Marco

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #12 of 14
No news so far from M2TECH.  I guess they are going out of business soon. According to their last response to my email (from Marco, CEO of M2TECH), they're not going develop the new driver for Mavericks. 
In the meantime, their current driver for snow leopard and later  does not work well either (face2, yuong dac, vaughan dac) causing constant crashes when the unit goes to standby mode.

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #13 of 14
  No news so far from M2TECH.  I guess they are going out of business soon. According to their last response to my email (from Marco, CEO of M2TECH), they're not going develop the new driver for Mavericks. 
In the meantime, their current driver for snow leopard and later  does not work well either (face2, yuong dac, vaughan dac) causing constant crashes when the unit goes to standby mode.

Where did you hear that M2Tech is going out of business? This is the first I have heard of that.

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #14 of 14
  Where did you hear that M2Tech is going out of business? This is the first I have heard of that.

They stopped supporting their products. No driver updates since year of  2011 (for mac) 
Many dealers getting rid of M2TECH products ASAP selling them for 1/2 price.
The  whole m2tech development team is now working for Chord Electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back