M2Tech Mac Driver
Jan 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 37
Marco replied to my inquiry this morning. Sounds like they're headed in the right direction maybe...

I asked:

Quote:
I'm reading testimonial about the Mac driver being very flaky, complete 
with kernel panics. Can you comment on the stability of the Mac driver at 
this point? Are there certain things that don't work yet?

He responded:

Quote:
please apologize for answering you so late. Actually, we recently had report 
by some users who were having kernel panics after doing an OS update to 
their Mac. So we released a new driver which solved most of the problems. A 
more recent update from Apple actually solved the rest of the problem... 
Even Apple sometimes makes it bad :)

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #18 of 37

Quote:
Marco replied to my inquiry this morning. Sounds like they're headed in the right direction maybe...

I asked:

Quote:

He responded:

Quote:

That is a really lame answer, sorry.  I have a MacBook Pro, and have used Macs for, oh, about 20+ years.  Since OSX came out I have had exactly 3 panics.  

To say Apple's update "fixed" this probably means that they have no idea what Apple changed but are glad it worked.  I ordered one this week before I saw this Mac specific thread, and am seriously hoping I don't come to regret it.  As my plan is to have a dedicated Mac Mini music server I won't be jacking/unjacking the device a lot, so it may be OK, but lame software is not good...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 3, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #19 of 37

Quote:
Quote:

I asked:

Quote:

He responded:

Quote:

That is a really lame answer, sorry.  I have a MacBook Pro, and have used Macs for, oh, about 20+ years.  Since OSX came out I have had exactly 3 panics.  

To say Apple's update "fixed" this probably means that they have no idea what Apple changed but are glad it worked.  I ordered one this week before I saw this Mac specific thread, and am seriously hoping I don't come to regret it.  As my plan is to have a dedicated Mac Mini music server I won't be jacking/unjacking the device a lot, so it may be OK, but lame software is not good...

You said it best....its lame....I use it the HiFace without hot-plugging it and it works for me otherwise it panics on and off.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #20 of 37
Yeah, it definitely seems like they don't have a good handle on these drivers...

mrspeakers, please report back how things go for you!

May 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #21 of 37
Has anybody got a problem w/ YouTube? i use my hiface with MacBook Pro and sound is belated. For example singer's mouth is moving but no words can be heart.

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #22 of 37
Has anybody got a problem w/ YouTube? i use my hiface with MacBook Pro and sound is belated. For example singer's mouth is moving but no words can be heart.

That is a known issue. Eventually the driver causes a panic. There is a new driver so I am hopeful that these problems have been rectified.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #23 of 37
I have been using the latest driver for about four months with no issues, ever. I don't hot swap much, but it has been quite satisfy ing and stable driving an 18' run to my Burson.

There are a couple of new 192k products on the market that don't require a driver. Has anyone played with these at 192 on the Mac and have comments or comparisons?

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #24 of 37
I hope the new driver supports Integer Mode

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #27 of 37
I just install Lion and my M2Tech evo works without any problems, sounds as good as in 10.6 maybe even better still testing.

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #28 of 37
I installed on two systems, both are working fine.  However, my HiFace is not working at 192 (prior problem, I think I have a bad device) with either of my SPDIF DACs.

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #30 of 37
Does anyone know how to setup a default bit rate of 96kHz when you plug this device in? I am constantly opening up Audi MIDI and manually setting it to 96.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back