M-audio Transits?
Jun 15, 2004 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aaron

New Head-Fier
Okay, after some feedback and poking around it seems like I should be getting an m-audio Transit. I want a portable (and cheapish) way to improve the sound quality on a PC. My question is: Will the transits provide enough juice to drive Sennheiser 280's (64Ohms impedance)? The Transit also doesn't seem to have any volume controls? Anyone have experience in using one without an additional headphone amp?

many thanks...

Jun 15, 2004 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron
Okay, after some feedback and poking around it seems like I should be getting an m-audio Transit. I want a portable (and cheapish) way to improve the sound quality on a PC. My question is: Will the transits provide enough juice to drive Sennheiser 280's (64Ohms impedance)? The Transit also doesn't seem to have any volume controls? Anyone have experience in using one without an additional headphone amp?

many thanks...

I was impressed with the transit's line out. It can power my 300 ohm hd580s pretty well (no problem with volume, the extra "juice" of an amp would be better presumably), and my 60 ohm portapros with no problems. You have to set the volume from windows. I don't use the line out directly any more, but presumeably it's best to use the 24 bit setting when not at full volume.
I find the sound clean and detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back