M-audio Transit or Sonica theater
Jan 4, 2005 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Paimen

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm sick and tired for crappy sound of my work laptop and I'm going to buy new sound card. I want to know which one of these should i buy because here in Finland there are almost in same price about 120 Euros. So can i have your opinnions Transit or Sonica theater, My cans are hd-595(50 ohm version), and yet i have no amp yet for those.

thanks allready

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 7
I listen to my Transit & HD280's a LOT without an amp and it sounds AWESOME. I really dont think that I could ask for a more satisfying sound from a semi-portable system. I use Foobar with the ASIO plugin and SSRC resampler @ 24bit 96khz using monkeys audio lossless compressed content and it just sounds great.

+1 for the transit USB

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 7
Transit is the better option. I did lots of research when deciding which USB card to get (chose Audiophile USB)

Jan 15, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 7
How about if we compare bithead or total bithead to Transit. Is bithead better or should i first buy a transit and then maybe build Mint or buy some another headphone amp??

Jan 15, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 7
You ask about Total Bithead. Using HD580 headphones with an iBook, the Total Bithead doesn't get enough voltage from USB to produce even moderate volume without clipping. Batteries would give somewhat more, of course. The only other low end device I've tried is the Edirol UA-1X. It is purely USB powered, and has the same limit, not surprisingly.

Jan 15, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by hedrick
You ask about Total Bithead. Using HD580 headphones with an iBook, the Total Bithead doesn't get enough voltage from USB to produce even moderate volume without clipping. Batteries would give somewhat more, of course. The only other low end device I've tried is the Edirol UA-1X. It is purely USB powered, and has the same limit, not surprisingly.

well i think that with my 595, the voltage is not so big issue, because these are the new version with 50 ohm impedance. or Am I totally wrong
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Well, I´m now a one happy man with great M-Audio transit. Maybe now i look for amp. (does this ever end and i mean wasting my money to head-fi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back