M-Audio Transit, Foobar2000 & ASIO problem
Aug 13, 2005 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rauer

500+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm using the M-Audio Transit USB external audio card and Foobar2000 software to play MP3s on my HD. I've tried to use the ASIO output but that only works part of the time. The playback could work fine for a while, until I can't get any sound out of the Transit and fb2k gives me the error message

INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 16 bits, 2 channels
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : failed in initialization of ASIO driver.

Any idea what to do? Would another ASIO driver be better - like the ASIO4ALL (sp?)?

My system is running on a Shuttle SB51 small-form-factor PC, Windows 2000 SP4, a 2.2 GHz Celeron and 512 MB RAM.

Aug 13, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
Hi. I'm using the M-Audio Transit USB external audio card and Foobar2000 software to play MP3s on my HD. I've tried to use the ASIO output but that only works part of the time. The playback could work fine for a while, until I can't get any sound out of the Transit and fb2k gives me the error message

INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 16 bits, 2 channels
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : failed in initialization of ASIO driver.

Any idea what to do? Would another ASIO driver be better - like the ASIO4ALL (sp?)?

My system is running on a Shuttle SB51 small-form-factor PC, Windows 2000 SP4, a 2.2 GHz Celeron and 512 MB RAM.

Perhaps Asio4All would be better when use ASIO with Foobar2000. Worth to try it out.

There is also 3rd party USB Audio's USB ASIO driver available, but unfortunately, there were only Audiophile USB mentioned on compatibility list. (http://usb-audio.com/).

If you do not get ASIO working with Foobar, you can also try 'Kernel Streaming' option on output settings.

jiitee

Aug 13, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Kiitos.

After my original post I actually started using/testing beta 6 of fb2k 0.9 and it still has no output options/plugins at all. So no outputs - no problems.
wink.gif

Actually, the defaul output seems to be a DirectSound stream.

Aug 13, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
Kiitos.

After my original post I actually started using/testing beta 6 of fb2k 0.9 and it still has no output options/plugins at all. So no outputs - no problems.
wink.gif

Actually, the defaul output seems to be a DirectSound stream.

Oleppa hyvä.

You need to select other output options when installing the Foobar.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back