M-Audio Transit ASIO (use ASIO4ALL or just plug-in Foo2k)
Sep 12, 2008 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mademperor

New Head-Fier
I'm using Foobar 2k 9.5.5 (newest)
and the ASIO Plugin
And ASIO4ALL

Then to my M-Audio Transit

Should I be using ASIO4all, does it hurt anything?

Also, how can I verify ASIO mode is working?

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 7
You don't need ASIO4ALL as the Transit's driver installation has an inbuilt asio, this is preferable to the one you are presently using. If your os is vista the Maudio driver for the transit is a beta one but it woks perfectly ok on my system. When in Foobar select MAudio asio as the output you may have to add this in the menu don't forget to check the output you require eg. 44/48/96khz and the latency in the MAudio control panel if the latency is set too low you may experience some crackling or similar noises.

Sep 17, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 7
So I uninstalled ASIO4ALL

Did I do this right, if so how can I tell?

1. I added the foo-bar plugin in the components folder
2. Under output->ASIO Virtual Device (M-Audio USB ASIO Device)
3. Under Output I selected "M-Audio USB ASIO Interface"
4. 2010ms lat (post processing is locked at 16bit)

How can I tell if I'm actually using ASIO mode?

Is there a way to verify 44.1k is passing through to my transit and not some upsampled 48k?

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 7
ASIO plays music seperately. So play a song and try to watch a youtube vid, should be silent.

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ASIO plays music seperately. So play a song and try to watch a youtube vid, should be silent.

I can still kind of hear the youtube video, but it comes in crackling and quite.

I have my foobar2k output as ASIO: M-Audio USB ASIO Interface
M-Audio is set to 2 in, 2 out 8hk - 48k Lat Med newest drivers.

Sep 22, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 7
I've used the Transit for several years, most of them using the ASIO interface on Foobar, with the same operating settings you describe (2 in, 2 out, 24-bit, 8khz - 48khz). Music sounded very good; the only problem being whenever I started a program or opened a folder, the sound would break up momentarily. Reading your topic made me search for proper ASIO implementation on the Transit, and I came across these threads:

Hydrogenaudio Forums > Foobar & M-audio transit on Dell laptop, no kernel

M-Audio Transit - Hydrogenaudio Forums

I changed my foobar settings to DS: M-Audio Transit with 500ms buffer length and 24 bit output format. To my ear, my test CD sounded no different from ASIO, and now I can use nice fade effects and there are no longer annoying noises when I open files. So, my advice to you is to just use Direct Sound for normal music listening, as it's more stable and sounds identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back