M-Audio Studiophile BX5a versus BX5a Deluxe?
Oct 23, 2008 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Oct 25, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the test [size=small]α[/size]1Ω. I really appreciate it. Mind if I ask what you thought of the signiture?

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #6 of 6
The main difference can be read here:
M-AUDIO - Studiophile BX5a - 70 Watt Bi-Amplified Studio Reference Monitors
M-AUDIO - Studiophile BX5a Deluxe - 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors

"The Studiophile BX5a Deluxe monitors update the best-selling M-Audio BX5a system with a variety of enhancements. The updated waveguide delivers excellent imaging. A new low-frequency transducer provides well-defined bass. Custom amplifier tuning enhances the integration between the high and low frequencies, delivering refined spectral balance and a smoother response. An elegant new industrial design completes the package."

I think in a category like this it is very hard to recognize any kind of slight difference with your ear. (It's not a change from Bx5a to Adam A7).

Both should serve a home-studio very well! If you have money, go for the newest.

Furthermore, look at this video...
YouTube - BT - This Binary Universe Interview from M-Audio
I know it's a commercial, but if these "older" monitors were good for mixing an orchestral-electronic album like "This Binary Universe", should be good for you too. And if you want real bass imaging, buy a BX10s as well. I think is a cost-effective 2.1 studio monitor set (real monitors in every sense of the word) for your home, than a much more expensive pair of monitors, even if they had better sound (but you can't afford it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back